Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 03/04/14, 01:34 PM   #151
pa69broncoguy
Contributor

My Gallery
Garage
windstar mount

That van mount is really nice, I may have to go hunt for one of those. It looks like there is a lot more support for the computer. Thanks for the info!
pa69broncoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/14, 03:36 PM   #152
EFI Guy
Sponsor/Vendor

Offering A-Ford-able EFI.

Denver
Thanks for posting the pictures of the Windstar mount in place! That looks awesome and is a great option. Here are 2 others that I've been planning to share:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pcmcases.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	329134

The one on the left is from a 2003 Ford Escape. It is made out of metal and is completely enclosed (no open hole in the back like the Explorer mount). It is about the same size as the Explorer case and is more of a flush mount like the Explorer.

They are super easy to remove. Once the face plate is off you just need to pop up the plastic cowl that covers the wiper linkage up and you can get to the two 8mm bolts on the side. The little bracket that is bolted to the back of it can be removed as well.

The one on the right came from a mid 90's fullsize van. It was meant to be mounted vertically but it seems sturdy enough to mount horizontally. It doesn't mount as deep as the Explorer or Escape brackets do. It sticks out an inch or so like the Windstar bracket does. The vertical mount might help for someone that has A/C taking up some real estate.

Interested in running Explorer EFI? Click here: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224697
EFI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/14, 04:25 PM   #153
EFI Guy
Sponsor/Vendor

Denver
Also, I guess it's time to announce the price increase. As much I try to keep things as affordable as possible to everyone, I need to raise the price from $450 plus shipping to $500 plus shipping to offset my increased costs. This is for new customers only.

When I first started doing this, it was more of a hobby thing for me and still is. You guys have been great and have been keeping me super busy! I never really expected it to take off as much as it has. It is to the point where I have seriously considered quitting my day job to give this the attention it deserves and reduce my backlog. However, it's hard to let go of the stability of a steady paycheck and I'm not quite to the point where I would be comfortable enough to make that plunge.

Having said that, the harness work is VERY time consuming and not exactly very profitable. All said and done, I might make minimum wage doing them. The biggest reason I do them (aside from the fact that I actually enjoy it) is that I make decent money in a small amount of time doing the computer flashing. That doesn't mean that I won't do a harness for you if you are going to go to a local tuner. It does mean that you won't get the discount that I provide doing both services together.

As far as going to your local tuner goes, I can't tell you what they can and can't do. So, you need to quiz them rather extensively on what their abilities are with the Explorer computers.

When I was shopping around for tuning software to do these I found the support for the Explorer to be very minimal from all of the big name companies. Their focus was on getting you a little more HP or a little more MPG on a stock vehicle, not swapping it in to a vehicle that doesn't have the OBD2 provisions.

I ended up paying someone to develop the software that I use and to focus on the needed settings that allow me to do the things that the big name guys don't or can't. As a result, I get messages on here from people that found me through Google to fix things after their dyno session. I also get a few from people that bought hand held tuners that will not even disable PATS properly. So, quiz your tuner on his abilities extensively before you dyno it, that way you don't have to send it to me to get it fixed later.

Interested in running Explorer EFI? Click here: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224697
Old 03/04/14, 05:11 PM   #154
mattt
Contributor
Bronco Guru

OC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Guy View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures of the Windstar mount in place! That looks awesome and is a great option. Here are 2 others that I've been planning to share:

Attachment 329134

The one on the left is from a 2003 Ford Escape. It is made out of metal and is completely enclosed (no open hole in the back like the Explorer mount). It is about the same size as the Explorer case and is more of a flush mount like the Explorer.

They are super easy to remove. Once the face plate is off you just need to pop up the plastic cowl that covers the wiper linkage up and you can get to the two 8mm bolts on the side. The little bracket that is bolted to the back of it can be removed as well.

The one on the right came from a mid 90's fullsize van. It was meant to be mounted vertically but it seems sturdy enough to mount horizontally. It doesn't mount as deep as the Explorer or Escape brackets do. It sticks out an inch or so like the Windstar bracket does. The vertical mount might help for someone that has A/C taking up some real estate.
I was going to post up about the fullsize van option. I used it ~2 years ago and it fit perfect for my application. It's easy to get out of the van as well....right above the gas pedal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	computer.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	329148  
mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/14, 09:50 PM   #155
broncoman1972
Contributor
Bronco Guru

FoMoCo Man

Denham Springs, La

My Gallery
Explorer EFI Mass Buy Feeler.

Garry, glad everything is keeping you busy. Hope you took a break today. Happy Anniversary Garry and Michelle!

74 Sport, tons, 5.0 EFI, 4R70W reverse manual - on the road again!
broncoman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/14, 12:50 AM   #156
EFI Guy
Sponsor/Vendor

Denver
Thanks Mike! We did take the night off. I figured since we worked through both of our birthdays and V-day that I better take her out to dinner before takes me out in my sleep.

We just had a nice dinner and saw Last Vegas.

Old 03/07/14, 12:35 AM   #157
Jack77

I am looking to convert to a 5.0 efi and love this post, The question I have from reading tons of other posts on converting is will the Explorer 5.0 fit under a stock hood without using a mustang intake? If so I'll start looking for a explorer tomorrow.
Jack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/14, 01:29 PM   #158
broncoman1972
Contributor
Bronco Guru

FoMoCo Man

Denham Springs, La

My Gallery
Since no one has answered up I'll give you my take in this. My setup is all Explorer. It all fits fine under my stock hood with a 2" body lift. The only thing close is the oil filler neck which I have seen another guy shorten in his post. Best I can tell everything else looks like it will clear.

Old 03/12/14, 02:06 PM   #159
broncokak
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I'm a Mainah

My Gallery
Garage
I'm running the Explorer intake and stock 1968 body mounts and it all fit under the hood. I did have to trim the top off the bracket that holds the power steering pump but other than that nothing is hitting the underside of the hood.

68 3.5" lift 5.0L 4R70W/Klune V/D20, 4.88, 35s, ARBs

Baby needs a new pair of shoes!
broncokak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/14, 02:14 PM   #160
broncokak
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I'm a Mainah

My Gallery
Garage
All also add that I'm running stock type motor mounts that have the bolt that goes through them so they can not come apart. I got them at AutoZone but I think one of the vendors sells, or used to sell them. I do not believe the heavy duty mounts that the vendos sell will work with a stock hood or no body lift.

Old 03/13/14, 08:44 AM   #161
Jack77

Thanks Broncoman1972 and Broncokak. That helped make up my mine to go for it. Are the two of you running the flashed computer from EFI Guy with no issues?
Old 03/13/14, 08:53 AM   #162
broncokak
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I'm a Mainah

My Gallery
Garage
I'm not. I did my swap back in 05 and converted everything back to mustang. My next one will be all Explore though.

Old 03/13/14, 11:36 AM   #163
broncoman1972
Contributor
Bronco Guru

FoMoCo Man

Denham Springs, La

My Gallery
I did have Garry re flash my pcm but I am still working on the swap so can't speak for how it runs. I'm sure it'll be fine though. He's done plenty like mine for others here.

Old 03/13/14, 12:46 PM   #164
garberz
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Clear me a path...

Conejo Valley, Ca.

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack77 View Post
Thanks Broncoman1972 and Broncokak. That helped make up my mine to go for it. Are the two of you running the flashed computer from EFI Guy with no issues?
I'm have been running Garry's PCM in mine with no issues at all. It runs absolutely perfect. It's a DD and I have a few trail runs on it now. I have a 2" body lift with stock motor mounts. I had to lower the Explorer PS reservoir a little, and the coil packs mounted in the stock location, just barely rub on the bottom of the hood.

Mark

EFI, OBDII, 5.0, C4, AtlasII 3.8. 4.56's, Detroit's, 35's, Duff Long Arms, 5.5" coils w/adjustable mounts. 3" suspension lift.
garberz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/14, 03:12 PM   #165
Jack77

Thank you guy's for the great feed back. It will help me out a bunch when I tackle this. Looks like I know what I will be doing for the next month or so.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat