• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blue paint color code

tpatton75

Contributor
Like Wild Horses 1/2 cab in catalog wed pic trying to pic new paint color

OP
OP
T

tpatton75

Contributor
Any body have a good guess ,is it a stock color I checked older threads but didn’t find a match

wsager

If it's the turquoise one, I'm betting on caribbean turquoise, paint code "B"

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok I got it now I think. Wasn't sure what you meant by "wed pic" but now I see on the inside cover of our 2017/2018 book. Looks to me more like either a Reef Aqua or Peacock Blue color.

Did you check out the thread here titled "master color thread" (or something similar to that)?
I'll inquire as to what color that is for tomorrow. In the meantime we might still find it in the Master Thread.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry. The Reef Aqua I mentioned isn't close as I thought. But Sky View Blue or Wind Blue aren't too far off.
Going to depend on what year the Bronco turns out to be I guess. Assuming it's even an original color for that year.

We'll see.

Paul

OP
OP
T

tpatton75

Contributor
I was thinking diamond aqua but didn’t know if it was Bronco color the master thread has lost a lot of pictures

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You know, it's funny about pictures... Especially printed ones.
Just checked with Jim and, while he didn't remember the color code, he said he thought it was Bahama Blue. Or maybe even Harbor Blue.
Now, he's not usually given to flights of fancy, so it got me to thinking about the fact that I actually know that Bronco, and it doesn't look like the pic in the catalog!

And I was even there when the pics were being taken, so I went back to my phone and here's another shot.
It's basically Bahama Blue.

IMG_2612 (Large)(cropped).jpg

Actually looks more Grabber Blue in the pic. I think that Bahama and Grabber are supposed to be the same color. But I feel that Bahama is simply a derivative of Grabber, with a little less "pop" to it.
I remembered the Grabber of the Mustangs and don't think that the Bahama on the Broncos looked quite the same.
Could be wrong, but that's what I think.
The half-cab kind of looks like it's got some of that pop back, making it look more Grabber to me in the pic. And I believe that, as original as it is, it has been re-sprayed at some point.

The conclusion then tpatton, is that as far as color choices go... Yer on yer own!

Paul

wsager

You know, it's funny about pictures... Especially printed ones.
Just checked with Jim and, while he didn't remember the color code, he said he thought it was Bahama Blue. Or maybe even Harbor Blue.
Now, he's not usually given to flights of fancy, so it got me to thinking about the fact that I actually know that Bronco, and it doesn't look like the pic in the catalog!

And I was even there when the pics were being taken, so I went back to my phone and here's another shot.
It's basically Bahama Blue.

View attachment 456601

Actually looks more Grabber Blue in the pic. I think that Bahama and Grabber are supposed to be the same color. But I feel that Bahama is simply a derivative of Grabber, with a little less "pop" to it.
I remembered the Grabber of the Mustangs and don't think that the Bahama on the Broncos looked quite the same.
Could be wrong, but that's what I think.
The half-cab kind of looks like it's got some of that pop back, making it look more Grabber to me in the pic. And I believe that, as original as it is, it has been re-sprayed at some point.

The conclusion then tpatton, is that as far as color choices go... Yer on yer own!

Paul

It does look like grabber blue in your photo.

OP
OP
T

tpatton75

Contributor
Thanks Paul the catalog looks a different shade of blue I like diamond or tidewater aqua better

OP
OP
T

tpatton75

Contributor
Paint is next on the line long to do list

Attachments

• C8F41C64-C301-4148-A107-C6AE5331EB74.jpg
    C8F41C64-C301-4148-A107-C6AE5331EB74.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 30