• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff teams up with Nashville Early Bronco! DIY Duff Exhaust Video

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Michael & Suzy Duff had the pleasure of stopping into Nashville and slipping together a sweet sounding exhaust system on Jon's Early Bronco :cool:

We're going to let the video do the talking but please watch it, like it, subscribe to the channel and comment below so we can get your feedback.

We plan on doing more of these videos and hope you like them!

PS Michael says the southwest shrimp burger in Nashville is the best thing he's ever put in his mouth...Jon said it was the third best thing for him. Maybe Michael needs to get out more??

[youtube]q18MD3M2sF8[/youtube]

jonmelton

Haha! It was a great time and the exhaust sounds AMAZING! Maybe I should do a before and after sound comparison?

And yes, that Shrimp Burger from Big Shakes is the bees knees. Anyone driving through Franklin on there way to Super Celebration need to pick one up for Michael.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Haha! It was a great time and the exhaust sounds AMAZING! Maybe I should do a before and after sound comparison?

And yes, that Shrimp Burger from Big Shakes is the bees knees. Anyone driving through Franklin on there way to Super Celebration need to pick one up for Michael.

YES PLEASE!!! pick up a whole case of them babies!!

I'm seriously going through withdrawls :eek::eek::eek:

I think it was a ploy all along to get me back over to Franklin and help you install more of those sweet James Duff parts and do the welding for you! ;D

NashBronco

Loc.
Flowood, MS
I like the system and will probably be adding it to my bronco this summer. Any advice on muffler selection? I have a mostly stock 67 with a 289. I don't want anything loud but also do not want to be too quiet. I was thinking flowmaster 40? I will also be upgrading from stock manifold to Duff longtube headers.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good times and great products.. :)

Thanks for sharing

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I like the system and will probably be adding it to my bronco this summer. Any advice on muffler selection? I have a mostly stock 67 with a 289. I don't want anything loud but also do not want to be too quiet. I was thinking flowmaster 40? I will also be upgrading from stock manifold to Duff longtube headers.

Flowmaster 40 will drone inside the cab pretty bad but Duff has a low drone option.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Flowmaster 40 will drone inside the cab pretty bad but Duff has a low drone option.

The Vortex Cherry Bomb is our #1 seller. Jon was going to go with the flows and I convinced him the CB's are the way to go. He's a happy camper :)

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru

This^^^. I run Duff's original version of this kit and the 40 style mufflers sounded awesome when you
mashed the throttle, but the cruising drone would reverberate inside my Bronco. It was maddening...

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Jon, give us a couple drive by videos and comment about whether there is drone. I’d love to go with the cherry bomb but really worried about it being annoying between 55-70 mph

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now I'm a little concerned. I bought the Flowmaster mufflers, hope the drone is not too intense. We're in the process of installing the system. I had to buy longer exhaust manifold studs, finally found them at Fastenal. They ordered them, lost them, reordered them, then both sets showed up. Bought universal exhaust hangers to use in a few spots. Then my husband got sick (yes, I'm a female) so as soon as he is up to crawling under the Bronco again we'll finish the install.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The kit fits together perfectly, just mocked up right now with a few loose clamps. Hope to finish it this weekend. Many thanks to Duffs for developing an exhaust system that doesn't require welding. It would cost me a pretty penny to haul it to the shop that does work for me to get an exhaust installed.

If it turns out the Flowmasters have too much drone I'll swap them out for something else.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The kit fits together perfectly, just mocked up right now with a few loose clamps. Hope to finish it this weekend. Many thanks to Duffs for developing an exhaust system that doesn't require welding. It would cost me a pretty penny to haul it to the shop that does work for me to get an exhaust installed.

If it turns out the Flowmasters have too much drone I'll swap them out for something else.

Great to hear its all working out! With an Early Bronco you never know! :p

Let us know if you like the flowmasters :cool:

MM

jonmelton

Jon, give us a couple drive by videos and comment about whether there is drone. I’d love to go with the cherry bomb but really worried about it being annoying between 55-70 mph

I don't ever go 70 in my Bronco, but I will test 55 :)

Did you see the before and after comparison?

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I wish I could make it but I am deep into my resto right now. Just getting new sheet metal daily and have welded on the new quarters, tail light sections...but still have rockers and door skins, plus paint and interior. Next year will be my first super cel.