• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Summers Last Blast.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK Guys .. August 8 9 10 11 12th .. it's the date for summers last Blast. It's a Car SHOW in Vernon Texas. .. It's the best car show I'v ever been too but then I've not been to but 10 or so. So I'm no excerpt. .
But Thursday Night, so they have a really good 50's music show . Saturday morning there is a burn out contest. 500 to more people viewing . & about 75 cars..
Later the car show at the park maybe 750 cars. 6PM until 10PM will be the cruise. It's a 4lane divided hwy. down through the center of town . Any where from 1100 to 1500 cars will be in the cruise. EXCELLENT ..
tHEY ALLOW Open headers & Your not supposed to spin the tires but there are a lot of talk from the open headers . It's a 7 mile drag. & back at the turn around you can launch somewhat. Cops are setting there with light flashing but almost everyone clears their carb out .
& IF YOUR CAR GETS HOT YOU CAN TURN & MAKE A CIRCLE OUT ON THE INTERSTATE TO cool it off.
... No room left in town so you'll need a motorhome or something to camp in.
You can take your lawn chairs & set almost anywhere on either side of main street . After the sun sets it's cool enough to enjoy.
.... It's a neat show i don't believe I'm taking the Diesel Bronco .. Too much trouble at my age . But me & an old High School Harry are going to go & Drink beer with another old Harry that lives there..
........High School Harry one has a 1954 chevy 454 now 468 .. 9inch Curry & 4speed Rock Cruser . . But He to is 69 & He's has it in a shop now changing it from the race car it was to ...... Ready 454 with P/S . & a AC So the wife will ride in it. & It's getting a Dakota dash in it. & More of a stock motor mounts so it'll not be so harsh .
.. It's Most likely going to get a special paint job . But it may come home 1st to play some. Tonight he was talking of painting it . That 61 Chevy Honduras Moroon ..
.... Any way guys It's a heck of a car show just giving you a heads up.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... SO a Buddy & I are going to leave about noon & go up to Vernon Friday . Spend Friday& Saturday night with another old class mate & take in the Summers Last Blast.
... Cold beer.. PrettyCars ..Steak Suppers ... Car Cruise.. & a 50's Elvis Impersonator Friday night .. Saturday Morning a 2 hour burn out contest... & Lots of B/S...
..... I may send some pictures back to Pete ''FATBOY''. So Far he's been nice enough to load up my picture . Since they tell me this computer is too old to link with my phone.
...I'm even taking off Friday .. Something I never do. But you know I'M wanting to prepare for this retirement thing.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good times.. Enjoy

happy to load them for you too if he's unavailable..

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Go get'm Pa. Sounds like it's mo funner n hog killin;D

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Just don't come after my critter okay?

No worries of that, there'd be a whole other level of hunting going on if that happened;):p

Sounds like fun, we're talking about going to the street machine nationals in Springfield MO if I can hang around the region long enough. Work projects are a little outta control at the moment.....

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. ok iT'S ABOUT 12:45 AM & I'M hOME. We were to get up & come home Sunday morning but the man I went with . His kids had issue with one of their kids & He's got to got get One of his grand kids in EAST TEXAS tomorrow morning. SO
... BUT MAN THAT WAS A NEAT CAR SHOW. Cool last night about 75 & then saturday morning it up to about 90 durning the Show & Shine.
THERE WAS OVER 900 CARS REGERSTERED .. Rather good with the threat of rain.
& Then Saturday night the Cruise was only about 77* & Lots of neat cars.
My favorite this year was a yellow Willis Pickup . I expect it was a Plastic body but it was sweet. a 57 FORD Farelane GRAY MET.. & A Nasty CHEVY VEGA I'd built one like it many years ago . Mine was a 302 chevy 12.5 pistons 400 turbo . This one was Tubed
& about 10 or 12 meats on the rear. It looked like it could lift the tires easily .. & The kid driving it nailed it about every block it seemed. He was noisy .
neat bunch of rides. Only 3 Broncos .

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Pa starting sending pictures. Here are two of his favorites.
6c1ff474393ef335185578e4d834b639.jpg
48175d39a3c6ff93981534cd69ec53df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice. Glad school is starting back but not ready for winter

Want to enjoy some warm weather now that college mooches are gone. Hahahah

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Odd both of those were Willis .. ..
Then I sent 2 to Pete while I was at supper. & By the time I got home I was sick . So I spent the next couple hours giving my supper from Chilies back.