• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color is your Bronco?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
here's a good pic of jones' color. it's duff blue, VERY close to the blue on the FJ cruisers.

Attachments

• DSCF3152.JPG
    DSCF3152.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF3153.JPG
    DSCF3153.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 177

jray

Our '72 Sport was originally coded "R" Sequoia Brown Poly. It was repainted by the PO, a maroon or dark Crimson, he was a Texas A&M fan. We would like to paint it candy apple red one day. Oh and I might add, this is weird, my first 4wd was a '75 F-100, bought in '77......guess what color, sequoia brown!

Last edited:

broncaholic

Still the stock code U Empire Yellow. Funny thing is mine is a '72 and Empire Yellow was a '71 color. They don't make paint like they used to.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I say mine is "trailer park camo";D

it used to be blue with a white top, and white around the rockers and fenders.

BTOP

I used to have a '74 Ranger in Hot Ginger Poly... sadly I was run off the highway in it and it rolled into oblivion. :cry:

I now have a '77 in Dark Jade Poly (code was "B").

Thanks a bunch for posting this, I was searching everywhere to find out the original color and it looks like it's original paint. ;D I'll need a new coat pretty soon though! %)

BTOP

As an aside, I didn't know if you guys still have the sticker on your door jamb, but it gives a lot of details as well, like the month your truck was manufactured, and where. Mine was a Michigan truck, manufactured in January of '77 ;D

vincentvega

Loc.
Birmingham, AL
1976 Sport. Marti Report says color code I (Bright Medium Blue) The outside is faded. I'm not sure if it still has the original color. The inside isn't as faded.
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
[I painted back to Hot Ginger Poly 1 week after I bought it. I was somewhat lucky in that the original owner didn't touch the interior. Still have some nice factory inspection stamps under the dash.[/QUOTE]

My 76 is Z too but, martii says copper metallic .

Last edited:

TK1791

Loc.
Boca Raton, FL
Original color was '69 Reef, however it's been painted a light blue. For the record, I like the color it is now. The PO didn't know the color, but said he got it off a Sherwin Williams paint chart for Ford Vehicles. I've listed the info below he gave me, but have not made it by a shop to see what the color actually is called.

Sherwin Williams - Ultra 7000 5b-48796
Mix Ratio 4 1 to 1

DM522 – strong white 1885.5
DM510 – blue 318.4
DM500 – strong black 21.4
DM532 – magenta 19.6
DM623 – base coat six 1102.6
DM624 – balance solvent 732.2

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just checked and mine shows "I" so I guess it was Bright Medium Blue. It's red now. Does anyone have a picture of one that is this original color? I'd like to see what it looked like back in 77.;D

Never mind, I just saw vincentvega's 76 and I assume that it would have been the same in 77?

66beater

Loc.
Kirkland,Az.
Could't find a tag on my '66, but it's the same color as "Shamu's"
It has a sticker on the air cleaner that says "Stiles and Sons" Witchita Kansas.

Action

Problems?

My 71 has a G code (Yellow) however it's factory color is light blue. There is a problem somewhere.

I agree! my 73 is an A code and it has never been black.
Jack

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As an aside, I didn't know if you guys still have the sticker on your door jamb, but it gives a lot of details as well, like the month your truck was manufactured, and where. Mine was a Michigan truck, manufactured in January of '77 ;D

We just went through this in the local YahooGroup when a member was looking for an image of the '72 version of the door decal. Turns out that only the decals after a certain month in '72 had most of the useful info. Before that, they only gave basic VIN info and then, still farther back didn't even exist.
My 12/71 build truck has the door decal, but all the categories but the VIN number are blank. All the pertinent info is on the glovebox door tag.

Could't find a tag on my '66, but it's the same color as "Shamu's"
It has a sticker on the air cleaner that says "Stiles and Sons" Witchita Kansas.

I think your '66 would have had a metal tag riveted to the driver's side kick-panel. If it's not there, I think it's all gone. Only the VIN would be left, and that on the frame only I believe.
Seems a lot of the '66's tags have gone missing over the years. Some maybe lost to "kicking", but probably not just a few have been sold to re-tag another truck.

Paul

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 1968 halfcab is (repainted) Signal Flare Red, my '74 the "Turd" (sold) was originally Ivy Glow Poly, and my '69 delivery Bronco chopped street rod project is Cordova (for now). %)

Attachments

• HALF2.JPG
    HALF2.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IVY GLOW 2.jpg
    IVY GLOW 2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_6645.jpg
    100_6645.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 142