• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ranger mirror ?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks!
I wasn't really sure if I was going to like them painted to match the body, but I really do.
I had some correct custom Peacock Blue and store-bought Wimbledon White, so I decided to take the old faded black and just paint over it.
Actually came out pretty decent, and give it kind of different look. Not for everyone, but I like it.

Paul

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
It is funny how hard it is to make some decisions on these trucks. I am trying to decide if I want the small Bronco2/f150 mirrors or the larger fold out style. I have a nice set of original fold out ones that I was planning on using because I like the larger mirrors for seeing behind me but I do kind of like the looks of the smaller ones. I haven't drilled the doors yet so that doesn't matter. Decisions, decisions. Ken

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did finally modify mine when I installed them on the '68 too. Took the beams and bent them a bit so that the top arm was more level, and the bottom arm was more spread out. With the whole mirror being just a big higher up on the door than when it was on my '71 and looking a bit more factory-like I think.
Really likin' the view from the driver's seat now. That stock mirror just wasn't cuttin' it anymore.

Sometimes we just have to re-do things all over again. Got rid of my stock mirror back in '77 or so, then got these bigger big-boys in the mid-'80's and never looked back. Just doing it all over again with the new Bronco.
Wasn't as tough a decision back then. Just wanted bigger and there were not near as many choices.

Paul

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put a set of the black Ranger mirrors on a '79 F150 I had years ago after we did some body work and re-painting it. They added a real clean look to the finished product. Better than the low mount chrome mirrors.