• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Trim Packages - Sport, Ranger, Explorer

CCR

Does anyone know how to determine if a bronco is a true original Ranger trim truck? Besides a Marti Report?

CCR

U15GLT25140

WB-092
Color-U
Type/GVW-U151
For axle body-G4 could be a C4
Trans-G
axle-B8J

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
G4 is avacado ranger buckets and rear, C4 is Ginger ranger buckets and rear so I think you're covered either way.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
up top the OP left off the post that '67 on: Sport = a 2nd gas tank, no?

CCR

Thank you Okie! I sent you a private message, please check at your convenience.

Peter B. Dragin

Loc.
AMORY
Please help

New here.
Can someone help me decode this please. On my Data plate is says
092 R U151 RV G 18J

What is the trim package of my bronco

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
92-inch wheel base
R- R color depends on the year
U151- 4500gvw
RV- Parchment vinyl bucket, no rear seat
G- Auto trans
18j- 3.50 gears, the j was either power steering or limited slip depending on the year

That's not a Ranger or Explorer trim code, can't determine if it's a base model or a Sport from that info either.

Peter B. Dragin

Loc.
AMORY
Thank you okie
Mine is a 77 model

It use to have trim down the side and a spare tire carrier on it due to the hole repear placement on it. I wasnt sure of the trim package. Trying to figure out if i am gonna restore as close to vin code or make it my own depending on the trim package
VIN-U15GLY61873

Last edited:

68Mustanger

Loc.
Auburn, CA
Explorer Trim Packages

The 72 Explorer Sport trim also came in winter green. My Marti report says it’s one of sixty! It has ginger interior.

MyLittlePony87

Loc.
Des Moines, IA
Does anyone have the production numbers on how many Explorer models were made, and of those, how many were Explorer Sport models? I have a '72 Explorer Sport

bchesley

The 72 Explorer Sport trim also came in winter green. My Marti report says it’s one of sixty! It has ginger interior.

Very cool!!!!! I didn’t know that color was available. Pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bchesley

Does anyone have the production numbers on how many Explorer models were made, and of those, how many were Explorer Sport models? I have a '72 Explorer Sport

What color is yours? A Marti report will have the numbers you are looking for. Explorer Sports were a one year thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwats73bronco

Anyone have photos of the avocado aka jade houndstooth fabric Ranger insert.
Bronco Hut & Distinctive Industries might be a source? But they have no photos of the green pattern on their websites.

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
What spare tire cover would have come on a 72 Explorer Sport? I thought there was a "Sport" cover, but I'm not coming up with any images. I've did come across some "Explorer" covers.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have a 77 and Marti report shows it had the convenience group - does anyone know what the convenience group included? Thanks

10” day/night mirror, map light, and cigarette lighter. Lighter was standard on some such as Rangers and Sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: