• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to on CB

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another way is to "tag" a thread by posting a reply to the original thread. Then later, you can search your replies and find the thread.

I'm not completely understanding you here...is there a "tag" toggle or you are searching your replies? If you help reply a lot, then this could be hard to search through...but it gives me another option, thanks :cool:

I think by "tag" he simply meant that when you reply to a thread you're automatically tagging that thread. Just like was being discussed in other words.
No separate action needed.

I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know how many I've subscribed to.
But I bet searching them would not be easy!

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You can also organize them by making bookmark folders in your web browser. I bookmark them in categories I.e. build threads, engine, suspension, etc. I also bookmark sites with the parts I want in the same folder

Yeah, that's the way I did it too...

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
1. My primary method: subscribe

2. Specific info contained in a post (I.e. vendor, parts numbers, etc) saved to Notes under specific truck and area (I.e. U 14 - auto trans) for quick reference (i.e. C 6 models/years swap). Below describes steps I use. Being that I’m an IT cave man, sure there are better and easier methods.

Printable version
“Copy” specific info
Go to “Notes” on Apple products
This makes sense to this cave man.

LOL. I didn't say I use the folder option. I just said it's there. ;D

Well, if it's there, does anybody use it? I'm still trying to figure it out, but thanks Jon.

i am currently around that number right now lol

Me too.

You can also organize them by making bookmark folders in your web browser. I bookmark them in categories I.e. build threads, engine, suspension, etc. I also bookmark sites with the parts I want in the same folder

This works limitedly, as I want a global function, and since I tend to hop around from device to device, not so great for me. But thanks for sharing.

I think by "tag" he simply meant that when you reply to a thread you're automatically tagging that thread. Just like was being discussed in other words.
No separate action needed.

I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know how many I've subscribed to.
But I bet searching them would not be easy!

Paul

That's the kicker, how do you search the subscriptions? I mean, I now use the site.classicbroncos.com in the google search field to search on the CB website, how would someone use google to search through your own subscriptions on the website? I don't find the search function of CB to be of any use as it does not work well, and usually takes too much time for no real rewards. Any cave man computer gurus that can give me a string that I could put in google that would search my subscriptions? Imagine the amazing answers that would be forth coming for all parties using a subscribed data field that has already been shown to have good information that can be found immediately and then put to good use. Any one? %)

Yeah, that's the way I did it too...

Yep, doing that. :cool:

mustanggarage

Contributor
firefox and google chrome allow you to save your bookmarks to the cloud so they are updated on all the devices you use. I don't tend to need that degree of organization on my iphone because I tend to use my laptop in my garage, home, or work.(yes I have 3 laptops I use) and I take my garage laptop with me when I go on trips etc. so that works for me. you can use firefox or chrome on your iphone, or you can export your bookmarks from firefirefox into safari that is not as convenient, but to me it is a lot easier to organize bookmarks on a laptop then to try to do it on my iphone. old eyes and fat fingers you know lol. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-bookmarks-safari

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Any cave man computer gurus that can give me a string that I could put in google that would search my subscriptions? Imagine the amazing answers that would be forth coming for all parties using a subscribed data field that has already been shown to have good information that can be found immediately and then put to good use. Any one? %)

If you're not finding what you're looking for you just gotta get more specific Forrest. For instance if you know who the thread belonged to or even someone that posted a comment, you can use their userID in your search. Or try different keywords, like tranny or trans or gearbox instead of transmission...they all give you different results. good luck

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
That's the kicker, how do you search the subscriptions?
You can't search subscriptions. You would have to remember a word in the thread title or the date it was posted. Just hit Ctrl + F on your keyboard and type in the word you remember when going through your pages of subscriptions

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You can't search subscriptions. You would have to remember a word in the thread title or the date it was posted. Just hit Ctrl + F on your keyboard and type in the word you remember when going through your pages of subscriptions

It an be a little tricky, but definitely got to search the right word, phrase