• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 Bronco??

rixtasan

Contributor
Does anyone know what this is? It’s located on the driver’s side door jamb. I’ve never noticed it on any of my other Broncos.
f1faf42be0db9db229e64c4a7149d622.jpg

Lawndart

Loc.
Ambient thermal switch. Part of early emissions. I believe it was part of a system that controlled distributor vacuum advance.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
X2 I posted one in the Name this Part thread maybe a month or so ago if you want a better look at one

75Denver

I don't know the part name but I do know the Edition of the Bronco. DID YOU BUY IT!?!

Second round of games: Name this ultra rare Bronco.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What they said. Typically found only on some '72's and '73's, along with a switch on the side of the manual transmissions.
I think it's on the driver's side, so you should be able to see some wires running up to the trans underneath.

Since this is a '72, if the VIN has a "P" or a "Q" in the sixth position, post up your information in Viperwolf1's "Mind Your P's and Q's" thread.
An example of the appropriate VIN would be U15GLPxxxxx and we're looking for late-'72 and early-'73 stuff. Like factory auto trans, light bars on the dash, special fuel return fitting up near the carb along with it's six-port tank selector switch (as opposed to the standard three-port type) and other stuff like that.
Oh, along with what month the truck was built in, assuming you still have your driver's door decal intact. Many have been lost or painted over, over the decades.

Enjoy your new rig.

Paul