• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Low pressure PS hose replacement

76BroncoPete

Contributor
I am having some trouble getting a good seal on the low pressure connection on the steering box with a stock replacement hose I picked up at napa. I am not sure if I am not getting it tight enough, overtightened, or just a bad flare on the hose side. The compression nut seems to sit higher than the original as far as threads above the box. Any suggestions? How can I be sure I am getting a proper amount of torque on this connection? I would appreciate any pointers or personal experiences that could help. Thanks

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The return port on the OE Saginaw steering box has a removable seat. You could call someone like West Texas Off Road 432 550 8070 and see what they recommend. They rebuild these boxes and have to know how to stop leaks, especially with the no pressure return.

OP
OP
76BroncoPete

76BroncoPete

Contributor
Thanks for the response and the phone number. I will give WTOR a call and see if they have any suggestions.

Toddpole

Contributor
That phone number is for an off road shop in Odessa, TX.
You want West Texas 4 Wheel & Offroad in San Angelo, TX. (325) 653-7001

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Thanks. I knew the name of the shop, but didn't call them again to be sure I had the right West Texas Off Road.

OP
OP
76BroncoPete

76BroncoPete

Contributor
The low pressure hose I picked up at napa was part# 7-6131. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct part#? 1976/302