• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carburetor venturi size

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The only air cleaners I've seen that are made for stream fording are on military vehicles and some Toyotas. What I'll never understand, is tossing the OE Bronco air cleaner to install a cheap cheesy after market air cleaner the can't do the job.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
The only air cleaners I've seen that are made for stream fording are on military vehicles and some Toyotas. What I'll never understand, is tossing the OE Bronco air cleaner to install a cheap cheesy after market air cleaner the can't do the job.

Go fast parts. Don't you know chrome adds 5hp. :cool:

OP
OP
Scot

Scot

Not the carburetor

I think I found the problem. Troubleshooting has never been my strong suit.

Attachments

• DSC01785.JPG
    DSC01785.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 15

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Your lucky you found the worn timing chain and plastic coated sprocket before the plastic crumbled. That happened on my '77 and I had to drop the pan and clean out the oil pickup screen. Ford learned from this and later 302-351s got all metal sprockets. Most all the replacement timing sets are all metal, but make sure you don't get another plastic coated sprocket. Performance roller timing sets are even better.