• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Bronco weight

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for that chart Digger. Was that a printout from your own individual scale setup?
Whoever's it was, we should have a Weigh-In party at their house!;D

Paul

Digger556

Thanks for that chart Digger. Was that a printout from your own individual scale setup?
Whoever's it was, we should have a Weigh-In party at their house!;D

Paul

I found a guy locally that owned a set of race scales. I made the chart in Excel in order to calculate the 3D position of the truck's CG.

A weigh-in party is a cool idea. How awesome would it be to have a database of various configurations and weights?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to mention BBQ, pizza, burgers, and plenty of whatever cold or hot drink floats your boat!
We had a "tire cutting" party one time and it was great fun. Definitely a good way to spend the day with family and friends.

I had borrowed a hot-knife for siping tire treads and about 40 or 50 or us, and about 20 Broncos showed up to spend a day in the driveway and court cutting, siping, chomping and sipping (and some guzzling too) and left a HUGE mess of rubber slices and chips in Jack's driveway.

Miss those get-togethers.
Ours was just fun and trying to get a little extra traction on the rocks and on the pavement though. A weigh-in would really have some informational significance for the future of our sport.

And it's just a darn good excuse...

Paul

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Good to know about the passenger seat, fuel tank, & tires. And I did forget about the bulkhead under the half cab.
I'd bet each door weighs close to 100 lbs easy.
I never weighed the eB doors I built, but I did weigh one of the doors on my '93 with a scale I know to be accurate:

Digger556 said:
...to calculate the 3D position of the truck's CG.
I'm curious about your technique to find the vertical position of the CG. Did you block-out the suspension?

Digger556

Good to know about the passenger seat, fuel tank, & tires. And I did forget about the bulkhead under the half cab.I never weighed the eB doors I built, but I did weigh one of the doors on my '93 with a scale I know to be accurate:

I'm curious about your technique to find the vertical position of the CG. Did you block-out the suspension?

Yes, blocked out the suspension and reweighed with the rear sitting on 12" risers I made for the scales and measured the shift in weight to the front.