• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It has begun! Sheyla's dream build 1973 Half Cab

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Moving right along!!! I've got the chrome ash tray from the mare in the dash of my half cab.

JD

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Progress report!

The 347 is coming along with the Explorer front.
The A/C is under the dash.
Doors and fenders have been on and off a dozen times.

Moving onto the dash and wiring. Should have the unpainted build at the Round Up on April 1.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_7979.JPG
    IMG_7979.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_7980.JPG
    IMG_7980.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_7981.JPG
    IMG_7981.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 444

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Bronco looks great Jim, congrats to Sheyla for getting her own build. Lots of good ideas for those of us still building.

How about bringing it east for the East Coast Bronco Roundup this year? She can wheel it and cruise it too. Just sayin'...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And keep that lighting wherever you go too Jim. That "seafoam green" hue looks fantastic on a gray/green/white primer Bronco!;D

Paul

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Jim,
What slots are those? 17x9s? 17x8s?

17x9 US Mag Indy with 33 Goodyears. Fits this build good. It's stock height suspension with 1" body lift. Working on the windshield frame today.

Jim

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And keep that lighting wherever you go too Jim. That "seafoam green" hue looks fantastic on a gray/green/white primer Bronco!;D

Paul

RETURN OF>>>>the GREEN BOOGER. (just kidding - I know it's not really)

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jim, Build looks great.
Hope she doesn't put you in charge of polishing the chassis chrome.;D

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Check out the "Faker" scoop. It's sitting on top of an Edelbrock Air Gap manifold with a Holley Sniper. Might make it a real shaker, we'll see. Still a ways to go before we fire it up but we are making progress. We'll push it out to the show this weekend. There will be a number of custom things on display.;) If you can't make it out look for the pics this weekend.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_8166.JPG
    IMG_8166.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
OK as far as "the plan" we have to go into the back story for a second. I had made an attempt to make Sheyla's Bronco one of our shop rigs we call "Gramps". Pic #1 At a certain point in this build (if you can call it that) I wanted to show her the progress. We put a cover on it and I did this reveal thing. I could tell in that moment this was not her Bronco.:-[ Honestly I should know this because every day we are asking people what are you going to do with the Bronco in order to figure out what they need.

When I told her a few minuets later we were going to build her original Half Cab she understandably had reservations. (its only been off the road for years and years) I assured her we could build it in a year with some focused effort. The next thing I did was make a list of 30 or so questions. I needed to make sure we were building her Bronco. These rigs are very personal.

Here's a rendition of Sheyla's plan, built in the Bronco Builder app. Pic #2
Pretty much a street hot rod Bronco type of build.

I was told it had to go fast.
It must have a great sound system.
Flares on all 4 corners.
5 speed manual trans.
Stock height suspension
Air conditioning
US Mag Indys
At this point it's going sky blue with white top and flares.

Well there's the start. Now the pressure is on.

Progress pic #3 inboard rear shocks hoops. Pic #4 time for the blaster.

More to come.

Jim

Pic No 1 is Gramps???? That ain't the truck I remember! LOL! :eek: If so Gramps go ALOT'O'LOVE! ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice.. that'll look great

Check out the "Faker" scoop. It's sitting on top of an Edelbrock Air Gap manifold with a Holley Atomic. Might make it a real shaker, we'll see. Still a ways to go before we fire it up but we are making progress. We'll push it out to the show this weekend. There will be a number of custom things on display.;) If you can't make it out look for the pics this weekend.

Jim

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Pic No 1 is Gramps???? That ain't the truck I remember! LOL! :eek: If so Gramps go ALOT'O'LOVE! ;D

Pic 1 is Sheyla's Bronco some years ago. I tried to pawn Gramps off on her but that did not work.:-[ This build is hers all the way. She is picking the stuff that matters to her. I do get to do a few custom things here and there. I'm not sure if she is going to go for the Daytona wing.;D

As for Gramps (1976 Bronco stuck in CA) he's still kicking around the shop. He's getting his MasterCraft seats recovered and sporting some white WH tube doors.

Jim

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Sheyla is gonna have a pretty nice bronco for sure. Im sure she is looking forward to driving it and the Daytona wind might be a hard sell! LOL! :)

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
NicksTrix had a "Grandpa" or "gramps" rig too, or is it the same one and you guys bought it?

Pic 1 is Sheyla's Bronco some years ago. I tried to pawn Gramps off on her but that did not work.:-[ This build is hers all the way. She is picking the stuff that matters to her. I do get to do a few custom things here and there. I'm not sure if she is going to go for the Daytona wing.;D

As for Gramps (1976 Bronco stuck in CA) he's still kicking around the shop. He's getting his MasterCraft seats recovered and sporting some white WH tube doors.

Jim

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
NicksTrix had a "Grandpa" or "gramps" rig too, or is it the same one and you guys bought it?

This is Gramps. It's been in the stable for 10 years or so. We got it from a local in Stockton when we were on Eldorado.

[youtube]UFryCoV1Eac[/youtube]

OP
OP
WILDHORSES

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
We are making progress. It will be a two tone black and magnetic grey metallic. Engine compartment is done in the grey.

Notable items:
We used a couple old bulkheads to make some enclosed storage and room for the subs. Pic #3
Custom front wheel tubs to better clear the 33s with stock height suspension. Pic #5/6
Flattened out pass side cowl so we can tuck the A/C up a bit. Pic #6

Good things take time. Starting to get exciting!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9773.jpg
    IMG_9773.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_9772.jpg
    IMG_9772.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 258

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Looking good! Roger Bell (RIP) had a fondness for 1/2 cabs, I've never even sat in one.

I'm just curious how many know what that jack-stand in pic 6 was made from. Don't post it, send it in a PM.