• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Two Pictures from a Recent Outing

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
First one: Who has a caption for what is going on here? (Yes, the color combination does remind me of the October calendar Bronco scene.) Second one: Who can name a movie that the “Big Chief” gas stop was used in?(The station is now defunct, but the sign is still there.)

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 259
OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Well, sad to say, but the aspens were just not there this year. Don't know what is going on, but it was cloudy, snowy, and raining. Did get these two pictures, one with aspens, the other of the Bronco in its natural habitat though.

Attachments

• P3116540 copy.jpg
    P3116540 copy.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 131
  • P3116556 copy.jpg
    P3116556 copy.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 142

No Hay

Bronco Guru
First one: Who has a caption for what is going on here? (Yes, the color combination does remind me of the October calendar Bronco scene.) Second one: Who can name a movie that the “Big Chief” gas stop was used in?(The station is now defunct, but the sign is still there.)

First one: (petting it) "Good Bronco!"
or,
in the words of WestTennDawg (I think?) "YES it's mine, it's not for sale, but it CAN be bought!" ;D

As mentioned, good pics, as usual.

pipeline010

"I Pledge Allegiance, to the Bronco,
Made in the United States of America.
And to the 'Public forum CCB.com.
One Ford Nation,
And for God
and Liberties sake don't
Just-Seize out on the highway
For All to see."

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One Ford Nation,
And for God
and Liberties sake don't
For All to see."

LMAO! ^^^^That is CLASSIC!!! Thanks for the Monday laugh, sure needed that.

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Those are some interesting answers. That caption is hard to top.

I do seem to recall that someone said the Big Chief station was in “Breaking Bad.” But I was remembering “Paul”, about the smart-mouthed alien on a road trip. Also it was in the PBS series about the Navajo police detective. I don’t recall the movie “Duel”, but don’t doubt it. I am sure it was in others. It’s such an iconic roadside station on the way to other movie settings. Like the 1999 SciFi B movie “Ghost of Mars” which was shot just down the road a couple of miles. I ran into the remains of the “martian” movie set “train station” on top of a mesa one day. But that is another story.

Yes, those are my infamous MarsBars that I keep promising to build for everybody one day, but keep not having the time. I was just thinking about those the other day and how maybe I might be getting closer to the time when I have time. Also, I could use the extra money in a working-stiff-also-not-participating-in-the-so-called-financial-recovery sort of way.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Yep, the bars do look great, but with only so much time, enjoying the drive looks so much better than making bars.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
One Ford Nation,
And for God
and Liberties sake don't
For All to see."

Love it.... lol