• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Metal piece at bottom of door post

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
There is a metal piece that goes at the bottom inside of door post it is recessed up in the bottom of the hinge post. Where can I get them have not seen them at any of the venders?

jmeyer1971

If it's he piece I'm thinking of should be easy enough to make and you'll never see it

OP
OP
ford man

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
It is and only on the later broncos I think the earlier ones were open like the 66.I can and will make them if I have too just wanted to see if any one is reproducing them.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I think the new door posts don't come with them because they trapped mud and moisture causing the door post to rot out. In my opinion that's why you see the 66-68 door posts in better shape than the 69-77 posts.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
It is and only on the later broncos I think the earlier ones were open like the 66.I can and will make them if I have too just wanted to see if any one is reproducing them.

Good timing. I just posted the same question in my build thread.. I just cut my old one out and made one...but debating on putting it back in now? I haven't seen them reproduced anywhere yet either. Makes sense why they are no longer produced though? I wonder what the original intent was? To seal that cavity off from the elements?