• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fast N Loud

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
ha, they don't even inspect it for Tags... You Crazeeeeeeeee lol

In GA they don't look at the vehicle AT ALL

For a vehicle older than 25 years you take bill of sale in pay the $$ walk out with a license plate
No title And No one looks at the vehicle ever

Newer than 25 years gets a title but no one looks at it unless you register it in metro Atlanta counties then you gotta pass smog sniffer for 95 and older

You can register anything. Kit cars. Home built. Replica vehicle Whatever.
Can't get a title for em though

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I love seeing our passion hit the screen but is it adouble edge sword? Sure it exposes the EB to more crowds but how does it effect the price and availability when it gets another popular burst? I looked for years to find a rig in my budget, when Crazy Horse was done on trucks, It seemed like the prices jumped, good for some, terrible for others.

As far as FnL and their bronco, I think it is nice, I didn't care for them bobbing the front frame rails, just not my taste. Now was it a 50K rig, absolutely not IMHO. After seeing Nicks shop and what he does from start to finish, FnL had no comparison at all. Not bashing what they did but if someone has that kind of change in their pockets and truly wants a vehicle worth the price of its restoration after the fact, the jokers we see on TV are not the way to go.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Maybe the Bronco wasn't worth the 50K who knows but the guy also got $100,000 worth of TV advertisement targeted at a very specific audience to sell his skirts. Now is the Bronco and the advertisement worth 50K? I'm sure he will get his money back.

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Maybe the Bronco wasn't worth the 50K who knows but the guy also got $100,000 worth of TV advertisement targeted at a very specific audience to sell his skirts. Now is the Bronco and the advertisement worth 50K? I'm sure he will get his money back.

You're right on the money. Very true

tw322

I just watched it on DVR the other night. Wasn't crazy about some of the things they did with it but that is my personal taste. I think the show is entertaining and like it for what it is. They are definitely in the business of fix it and flip it and making money which I have no problem with. I did like seeing a Bronco on and being done even if it was a commissioned build.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Finally watching episode # 1. :) jims asking price was spot on I think. ;)

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just saw both episodes tonight, I liked the build ; seats , rims , color scheme ,etc , except for the bumper.
I'd like to know where a shop like Nicks would be on price for that build I'm guessing it would't be too far from the $50k sale price.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I would guess at that being about a 30K +/- resto if done at NT. There are a lot of steps Nick does that they didn't for rust prevention/preservation etc. That alone in a resto from a professional company to me says a lot. If I could afford it, there would be no other choice than having a NT bronco. All I can say as for being his friend and seeing his 50K restos, you would get a lot more for your money, hard top, leather roof lining, bad ass stereo, air conditioning, custom built motor, custom seats etc. Its just not even a fair comparison IMHO.

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
I follow GasMonkeyGarage on Instagram, they posted a photo last night of the Bronco. They put the special decor stripes back on and also put the Twin Peaks logo on the hood. Couldn't tell from the picture but it looks like they used a piece of all-thread from the roll bar to windshield frame to keep it from flopping around.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I follow GasMonkeyGarage on Instagram, they posted a photo last night of the Bronco. They put the special decor stripes back on and also put the Twin Peaks logo on the hood. Couldn't tell from the picture but it looks like they used a piece of all-thread from the roll bar to windshield frame to keep it from flopping around.

interesting.. Thanks for sharing...

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
just watched it on youtube and its not worth 50 grand to me! nothing really special done to it. If theres is worth 50K then alot of guys on here broncos are worth 100-150K! I just dont see the value in it. The buyer they had seems like a set up??? If it wernt for that fake buyer thed be lucky to get $20,000.

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
just watched it on youtube and its not worth 50 grand to me! nothing really special done to it. If theres is worth 50K then alot of guys on here broncos are worth 100-150K! I just dont see the value in it. The buyer they had seems like a set up??? If it wernt for that fake buyer thed be lucky to get $20,000.

What do you mean "Fake buyer"... Isn't everything on TV real?

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

I just watched the second episode last night.

I was disappointed.... I would love to have the body work done to the level it was done for their build. And maybe a different color... but, it looked pretty good to me.

I really don't understand the seat upholstery, or the tires and wheels, or the lack of other options that might make it worth that much money.

I wish they would have included something on the show about the rewiring. The dash was painted.. so I'm sure it required wiring.

As others have said... knowing the new owner paid $50k for that Bronco certainly drove the price of ours up a little. (Of course.... the new owner might have been distracted by all the boobies....)

Jeff

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
my original post was a tad a harsh now that i think about it. I will applaud the effort and work they put into fixing rust. Its ausome too see another one brought back to life and hopefully its gets the shit drove out of it!

Now somebody has a good start to a really ausome bronco. Add some real mods and your headed to the trail on a clean frame and body and stop by the local car show on the way back home.

BRONCOBERT

Ya the seats matched the girls lumberjack shirts, don't like those rims and tires, cheapens the look of it.