• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door hinges

Relicsrule

Loc.
Buffalo
Looks to me like the door hinges left to right are the same hinge only the direction the pin is driven in is different. In other word take a left hinge take the pin out and drive it in the other way and you have a right hinge. What do you all think or know.

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
I always thought the same, and have done it too. Never had any issues. I actually redrilled the old hinges and put new pins and bushings. I never kept tabs on which side was which. Went together no issues. And I know my luck all was mismatched. Saw nobody chimed in so thought I’d try. Hope this helps.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you're buying new, they are left and right. Probably just due to the way the pins are installed.
If you're making your own, that should do it.

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Ford use to tweek the hinges to make the doors fit better on problem trucks. Swap a set of those hinges you cN open up a new can of worms.

OP
OP
R

Relicsrule

Loc.
Buffalo
Thanks guys confirms what I was thinking. I have one hinge on driver door that is really bad found used pass door hinge $20.00 drivers door hinge used is more than new so why not buy used pass hinge and flip the pin. Hope this helps someone else as I haven't seen anything about it before.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
I like usin the thin tractor pins. The 1s w/the wire bail that flips over, clips around the end. Easy to pull out for door removal. Don't fall out.