• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Duck Build.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SO COOL seeing it being used!! thanks for the last pics Tom!!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I must confess I looked through those pics and a tear formed. The sad truth that she is sitting not being used, not by choice but due to the white salty crap they are spreading all over the place, she must slumber a little while longer.... I am so ready for spring!

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you add "A" pillars and a header cross over to a Krawler's edge roll cage? I read where a lot of your customers go with the Krawler's edge and I've been looking at it. some people say the front bars to the windshield are worthless, but the cage seems better than a San Felipe roll bar and I'm not going to be doing any major off-road trips. Still trying to decide between a 4 and 6 point.

Also it looks like you put the headlight rubber covers under the top of the core support, not on top. Is that correct?

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I did a major upgrade to the Duck this weekend. I finally got around to installing a true track up front as well as a major suspension upgrade and overhaul. Details on the suspension are here in this thread.

prouddadofthree

Loc.
Piney Flats, TN
Primer

Didn't get to do much... never realized how a can of primer could stall out something and to top it off, no one stocks it near me at all. On the bright side, my Bronco Design fender flares arrived yesterday.
ehanu7u4.jpg

muvu4ude.jpg

Reading through your build for the hundredth time. What type of primer do you use?

Thanks,
Dan

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Took the Duck for a trip to Charleston and met up with this fellow and his awesome family. The tall guy is BFerrari and the handsome guy on the right is yours truly.
67a4c6c14d6f55e0e4bced02b05cddd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben is a good guy! I've chatted with him multiple times through text and talk. Hope one day I can meet him in person!

Ro_Ja Boy

Without going through all 77 pages (I went through 15 :D), how much body lift is on the Bronco and what wheels are they? Beautiful Bronco!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Sooo in all bronco fairness and disease, I too have been bitten by the forever modification bug. Hopefully in a forth coming winter, the Duck will once again come back apart and rebuilt for Duck 2.0. Same but new paint, all new interior (because I absolutely hate advertising for the guy I no longer use plus my new upholsterers attention to detail I think would kick it up a few more notches in the comfort zone), new dash layout and gauges, new power plant (thinking of a 408), new big bearing nodular rear end with disk upgrade... I won't start till I have the majority of the components bought and paid for, interior and paint will be a big spend once again...

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Sooo in all bronco fairness and disease, I too have been bitten by the forever modification bug. Hopefully in a forth coming winter, the Duck will once again come back apart and rebuilt for Duck 2.0. Same but new paint, all new interior (because I absolutely hate advertising for the guy I no longer use plus my new upholsterers attention to detail I think would kick it up a few more notches in the comfort zone), new dash layout and gauges, new power plant (thinking of a 408), new big bearing nodular rear end with disk upgrade... I won't start till I have the majority of the components bought and paid for, interior and paint will be a big spend once again...

Cool :cool::cool:, but, I have a long way to go, to get my Bronco to the level of build and features as the current Duck.%);D The Duck is by far my favorite build to date. Glad to see that you keep raising the bar. Showing us what is possible with these wonderful vehicles.

Lando375

Well today was a eureka moment. After chatting with my bronco friends and re-examining things, I got a call this afternoon from Andy. He is the Bronco Whisperer and what he suggested fixed my issue. Something so simple but I could not see it. Thanks for the help and ideas from all of my bronco brothers!
ad2388324c5db7bb53f721eb31da1697.jpg

a5fb60b5ed233e038b7e3f8f2343943f.jpg

3f5733363a7c0e549226ba30ed883f9b.jpg

0f37a7119b96023b17c8bd6a66bf2dec.jpg

fdae558a79dbcf28126635b67c8beea0.jpg

https://vimeo.com/113977262

I know this is an old build but I'm about to start mine. I must have read through this build at least 3 time but I keep coming back to this. What was the eureka moment? How did you get to finally get it to work out?

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Tom and I got to spend some time a couple of weeks ago checking out the duck and all the parts that make his ride amazing. Click the link above to learn more about all the James Duff Parts it features.