• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fan Shroud Vendor Suggestions

76BroncoPete

I need to replace an old stock fan shroud. Bronco Hut seems to have the cheapest price, Dennis Carpenter cheapest shipping, and Bronco Graveyard claims to be made of a more durable plastic. Any personal experiences/suggestions positive or negative?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My JBG super shroud fits and works well, had to trim some for 1"BL but that was no problem. I have nothing to compare sorry

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The nice thing about the factory shroud is it can be easily repaired with JB Weld and repainted.
The problem with the steel shrouds is now you've changed the designed-in "weak link." When something gets misalinged, for any reason, something has to give. I'd rather it be the shroud.
I've had one really cheesy plastic one that actually shrunk and distorted from heat. The fiber type is much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
76BroncoPete

76BroncoPete

Current fan blade

Attachments

• 932EE001-512F-4F83-A2CA-CB50FBAA1F1A.jpg
    932EE001-512F-4F83-A2CA-CB50FBAA1F1A.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 61

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just bought a fiberglass shroud from a known vendor. Should it sit flat? I have it tight at the top, 1/4" gap on both sides and 1/2" gap on bottom. Bottom tabs are angled away and crack if i tighten. It touches fan at higher rpm. Do i have a bad one or is this the way it is? I cant really trim it without modifying the mounting tabs. I was thinking about going steel or plastic but now this thread has me upside down again on selection.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have bought TBP replacement metal one and it fit well with the 7 blade factory fan I had on my 77.

For Explorer conversions the factory shroud is not deep enough, so I have bought the WH's aluminum replacement one. A little more $$, but last one I will have to buy.

Mikesimp70

I have bought TBP replacement metal one and it fit well with the 7 blade factory fan I had on my 77.

For Explorer conversions the factory shroud is not deep enough, so I have bought the WH's aluminum replacement one. A little more $$, but last one I will have to buy.

I bought the TBP metal shroud also. Issue with this one is opening is an oval. I guess for different body lifts. So far I built a pattern from 1/4" plywood to close up the bottom around the fan. This works well so I need to pull the plywwod off and make a plate to send to powder.

pbwcr

I need to replace an old stock fan shroud. Bronco Hut seems to have the cheapest price, Dennis Carpenter cheapest shipping, and Bronco Graveyard claims to be made of a more durable plastic. Any personal experiences/suggestions positive or negative?
=== =
Depends on whether your cooling is critical. A good fit usually means buy the shroud that came with your radiator.
Otherwise I would strongly buying a plastic one which are the easiest to modify to make it fit. Brand wont matter much if you are doing the custom fit.
Why not rebuild your old one? Buy a fiberglass kit and have at it. That method will give you the most satisfaction.

OP
OP
76BroncoPete

76BroncoPete

I went the JB weld route for now. We will see how long it holds up. I appreciate all the suggestions