• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I have about 7 months to get done with the following:

Hydroboost
4x4x2 box swap
RoughStuff spring perches to move the axle back
Ballistic Fab adjustable coil mounts
RoughStuff 1 ton steering
RoughStuff trackbar w/ frame and axle bracket
Ballistic Fab Optima battery box
Replace floor pans
Firewall insulation (custom)
Plus a few other smaller projects

I will only have the weekends to get this done. I'm sure I wont have an issue as everything but the floor pans have been purchased. My wife and I are expecting our first child on August 8th ;D I know I won't have much time for Bronco projects after that date.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Congrats Jaromy,you forgot to mention the baby seat. You need more than the stock seatbelt to secure the seat. I saw a post about a really cool 5 point racing style seat last week.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Congrats to you and Mrs Jsmall! Get it done while you can, all you will want to do is sleep in your free time. My wife is gracious enough to give me time with my Broncos, especially this past weekend. My two year old son wants to be outside with dada. But with air hoses, welders, tools, cut off saws, and grinders it's tuff to have him around. He could care less that it's 38 degrees and drizzling outside! It was easier to get outside when he was one yrs old vs now that he can run and pick up things. I just found pencil markings on some walls and doors this morning! Arghhhhhhh! Good luck to you both!

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
Congrats to you and your wife Jaromy, that's awesome. Best advice I got was "anything you want to do or get done around your house you better do now or it's not happening after the baby is here". Emma is almost 9 weeks old and we are getting some breathing room. Lol Like Mikee was saying good mounting in the bronco for the car seat is important. Not sure what I will do yet for mine but I'll let you know. Congrats again!;D

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Thanks everyone! Our excitement grows everyday.

Congrats Jaromy,you forgot to mention the baby seat. You need more than the stock seatbelt to secure the seat. I saw a post about a really cool 5 point racing style seat last week.

A full roll cage, Mastercraft rear seat, and some nice harnesses is on the list...just not the list before the baby gets here :)

Congrats to you and Mrs Jsmall! Get it done while you can, all you will want to do is sleep in your free time. My wife is gracious enough to give me time with my Broncos, especially this past weekend. My two year old son wants to be outside with dada. But with air hoses, welders, tools, cut off saws, and grinders it's tuff to have him around. He could care less that it's 38 degrees and drizzling outside! It was easier to get outside when he was one yrs old vs now that he can run and pick up things. I just found pencil markings on some walls and doors this morning! Arghhhhhhh! Good luck to you both!

I'm very thankful to have a very understanding wife. Between my Bronco and golf, I'm not around a lot.

Congrats to you and your wife Jaromy, that's awesome. Best advice I got was "anything you want to do or get done around your house you better do now or it's not happening after the baby is here". Emma is almost 9 weeks old and we are getting some breathing room. Lol Like Mikee was saying good mounting in the bronco for the car seat is important. Not sure what I will do yet for mine but I'll let you know. Congrats again!;D

I'm getting the same advice. The list of things I need to do isn't bad, but I know I need to get it done soon. Let the progress begin...

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
;)I'm very thankful to have a very understanding wife. Between my Bronco and golf, I'm not around a lot. (quote)

Well apparently you were home at some time....Or we wouldn't be having this conversation....;);)

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Keeping this current.

Everything takes longer than expected. I can't install the HB until I get the clutch/brake brackets back from PC. That wait lead me to start on the 4x4x2 box bracket. Decided it would be a good idea to brace the frame at the same time. One thing always leads to another :eek:

DSC00631_zpsb7e5bf9d.jpg

DSC00630_zps42517e11.jpg

DSC00629_zps0e5278a3.jpg

The power steering cooler will be mounted on the cross brace so it is up and out of the way.

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Im sure its not needed for strength but it might be cool to tie the bottom of the adapter plate into your brace. Thats the only thing I didnt like about the adapter. The way it hangs down. I was considering trimming up some 1/4" thick angle iron with a gusset in the middle. After seeing your set up I think Im going to do that but use box tubing for the cross bar so I have a flat surface for the PS cooler to mount to. But I definitly think the round tubing looks good too.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Here's where I put my ps cooler.

Looks good. I'm tucking mine up a little higher because I have that option now. The top of the cooler will be inline with the bottom of the radiator.

*Edit* Looked at yours again and it looks like ours will be close to the same height.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Im sure its not needed for strength but it might be cool to tie the bottom of the adapter plate into your brace. Thats the only thing I didnt like about the adapter. The way it hangs down. I was considering trimming up some 1/4" thick angle iron with a gusset in the middle. After seeing your set up I think Im going to do that but use box tubing for the cross bar so I have a flat surface for the PS cooler to mount to. But I definitly think the round tubing looks good too.

I know what you mean about the adapter hanging down a little. With the 1/2" plate on the inside of the frame, I'm hoping it has the needed strength.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
What bumper is that Crawdad?

Its a vintage 1995 Pre Runner bumper from Wild Horses! I pd like $325 plus shipping. Sat around in storage all this time and finally had it powdercoated sometime last year.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
One year ago today, I was pulling my Bronco home from Roseburg. I've completed a few upgrades and made a few changes in the past year. Checked my Excel spreadsheet and I've spent over $5000 in parts in the first year;D Lots more to do!