• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.C. Broncos charged my credit card 887.00. I didn't order anything?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. Chuck Hang in there Buddy .. Times like these make me glad I'M OUT OF THE PARTS business.
.. Crap a Guy in Business never takes your money .. There is always some issue. PP.. you know they are going to have some issues due to the no. of items they handle.
... It Sucks when it's you .. But Remember .. ''Life Sucks and Then You Die''....

77cabio

Loc.
Lebanon
That sucks man.Been their done that but not with BC.I always get a prepaid card and use it now. Good luck.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

Searching for something else I came upon this thread. I may have missed something; but, I believe I read all the posts.

If I really wanted to blame someone, I would blame the person who received the first order of parts from BC Bronco and was never charged/debited, and then decided that worked so good that he would do it again. That goes beyond making a mistake. I believe that is fraud.

As far as the OP posting... I might have chosen to do the same thing. I don't recall if he emailed Chuck first; but, if I thought I was going to have to wait until the following Monday to resolve the matter, I might have posted right away to see if it was a universal problem. If other folks had the same problem it could have been a case of all the credit card information on the BC system being compromised, in which case the OP would have been doing everyone on the site a favor. I didn't read anything mean-spirited in the original post.

Chuck's actions have shown that they are a responsible company. Taking part in this discussion shows that he really cares about his customers here.

On the other hand... it sounds like the OP should thank the perpetrator of this problem for taking a second swipe at his account. Had that not happened, would the first activity been discovered?

Dishonest people really p*ss me off. The guy that started this sh*tstorm should be prosecuted. Just my opinion.

Jeff

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
another post on this? did the dead horse ever get up? when something like this upsets you on late Friday, on Saturday or on Sunday and your panties ride up in your crack...first thing is to have your gf or wife pull them down and advise you to stay calm until early Monday morning when you can call and talk with the vendor. going to a public forum with something like this accomplishes nothing. Jon's rules are simple...don't post about a vendor until after you've talked with the vendor.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well, after a lot of checking we find that it is legal to keep personal info including CC info. But if our computer is hacked and your info gets out and causes problems we may be responsible. While my site is secure and the computer system is firewalled I feel saving the numbers is not worth doing for BCB or the customer. It has always been a convenience for our customers but as I type the office is deleting 16 years of credit card info. It will take a few days to get that done. I was not offended by anyone on this thread and hope no one else was either. Thank you all for your knowledgeable and helpful input.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Can somebody lock this thread. It was a good read and everybody is okay.
And Chuck you are a great sport.