• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tucson Bronco Project Day - October 7th - Open Invite

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I just wanted a cowl hood and Bronco Designs had a sale I couldnt pass up on it. Plus I want a bigger air cleaner.

Not much wrong with the stock one, the prior owner said brake fluid sprayed and ate it up a little bit underneath but its been covered with sound deadening ever since I bought it and never removed it to see what it looks like. Exterior of the hood is flawless.

We had talked about hanging it on the wall but I could probably let it go if everything goes good with the fiberglass one. Best picture I can find at the moment. Wow old top, seats, cage, wheels, tires, bumpers and lift. Doesn't seem like we've done much but we have

I dont know if anyone noticed but Ive been adding things to my to do list ;D Now we just need another Bronco or two to work on.

Attachments

• 2011-11-05 13.02.15.jpg
    2011-11-05 13.02.15.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 27

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
Your bronco looks beautiful!! I was looking at the Bronco Design hoods too (As well as the soft windows they sell). I like the fact that you can reuse your original hardware, instead of having to use pins. I'll check out that sale, but hopefully yours fits good and I can just buy your old one someday though. haha

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Hovering around 100 degrees thru mid Sept. This has been a strange summer/monsoon season. Oh well, gives me more time to get ready and find another Bronco that needs some work. So far its just mine and maybe a hood swap for RODRIG3911

How does October 7 sound? AZ Football will be out of town both Saturdays but no game times yet.
I am in Tucson, will love to help.
My 1976 Bronco still a project. But have 1996 for Bronco to play with.
Just tell us the date.
Did you want to get anything done on your '76?

Last edited:

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
I marked it on my calendar. I'm a freight train engineer so I'll have to work magic to be off, but I want to go for sure! I got a Dana 44 diff cover from RuffStuff coming Friday I'm going to powder coat and put on. I may hold up for our get together, but I've got ADD and probably won't wait haha....

Maybe we can have a meet up or two before hand and check out each other's Broncos and talk about it... I'm sure we all got tons of parts we can trade too! I've got gears, nice powder coated track bar, axles for dana 30, 44 and 9", New battery tray and drive shafts;D

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Just bought and installed a track bar last year, d'oh! I eyeballed the alignment though so Im sure that needs some tweaking.

I should be at the Sept 9th Cars & Coffee at La Encantada if anyone wants to meet up. Ill be in the Hellcat not the Bronco though. It runs from 7a to 9a. I saw a Bronco there last week in turquoise but didn't get to chat with him.

I sold a ton of odds and ends over the years but I may still have a few things to sell

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Back to the top!

October 7th work? Hopefully it cools off in the next 2 weeks or we may push this to November

Last edited:

BigToe

I'll do my best to come by. I've got a '76 with a Holley truck avenger that just hasn't been right for a while now, maybe someone can learn me a few carb tuning tricks.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
This sounds great. I have plans for early Oct., to go to Vegas with an old HS buddy. But now he has to worry about his condo in Miami so some changes in the plan may have to be made. The big plus is Tucson EB owners finely getting together. A first meet should be the first of many. I'll keep you up on my schedule. I always liked Tucson's freedom from hurricanes, earth quakes, tornadoes, riots, blizzards, etc. Our long hot and weird summer will be done by Halloween. For the rest of the year we have the best weather anywhere.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While no longer in Tucson I'll try and make it. Its always good to get together with some bronco brothers. Not sure if I'll bring a bronco as my 73 is a little sick. Its due for a new engine and my 71 is just not as roadworthy as I would like for the 2 hour trip. But well see the 73 might make another trip. I was surprised you still had my number.

thomasstemmle

Loc.
Las Vegas
This sounds great. I have plans for early Oct., to go to Vegas with an old HS buddy.

I live in Vegas, feel free to come by my garage! lol. I wish I was a little closer to Tucson, as Id love to meet fellow owners and lend a hand. Over 6 hours is just too long a drive for me. Maybe if there is a phoenix one someday!

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
Hey Tucson people I've got some cool info!!!!!! I failed emissions this year and was pretty fed up with dealing with it every year.

I got Collector car insurance through a USAA 3rd party partner group called, "American Collectors insurance" for $307.18 for $25,000 agreed value (Didn't know my Bronco was worth that much lol) plus great coverages....

I then went to DMV and let them know it's a collectors car and didn't need emissions any more. For $100 I got 5 whole years registration (2022 sticker!!) and that includes my Cooper Historic plate and was in and out of DMV in 15 minutes!!!

Additional info:

Insurance is for 2500 miles or less a year, but they don't ask for mileage and I'm not suppose to 4X4 it, but I don't won't report anything that goes wrong on the trail and fix it myself

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
While no longer in Tucson I'll try and make it. Its always good to get together with some bronco brothers. Not sure if I'll bring a bronco as my 73 is a little sick. Its due for a new engine and my 71 is just not as roadworthy as I would like for the 2 hour trip. But well see the 73 might make another trip. I was surprised you still had my number.
I kept all the numbers from people I bought/sold parts to or met in town. I wound up messaging 9 guys yesterday and a few are definitely interested

I got Collector car insurance through a USAA 3rd party partner group called, "American Collectors insurance" for $307.18 for $25,000 agreed value (Didn't know my Bronco was worth that much lol) plus great coverages....

I then went to DMV and let them know it's a collectors car and didn't need emissions any more. For $100 I got 5 whole years registration (2022 sticker!!) and that includes my Cooper Historic plate and was in and out of DMV in 15 minutes!!!

Additional info:

Insurance is for 2500 miles or less a year, but they don't ask for mileage and I'm not suppose to 4X4 it, but I don't won't report anything that goes wrong on the trail and fix it myself
I did the same thing years ago. Price hasn't changed at all really. Love the copper plate and might get that as well. Reg is up in October

Next 10 days Im still seeing 100 degree temps. This is ridiculous

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Actually seeing low 90s next week so October 7 should be perfect.

Just from my phone contacts I've got Hank coming over as he may do a shock swap and get ideas on power steering and full width axles, Matt coming by with his '71, Jody has a '73 and '71 and now lives in Safford but may come down, Robert sold his Bronco but has a Classic Mustang project and may help out, and Mark is going to tow his trail rig(brown and black pic) over and help out. He said his Bronco has changed quite a bit since I last saw it 3 years ago.

Anyone know the orange one below? '71 with a BluePrint 331 stroker I saw at Cars & Coffee Tucson. Send him an invite!

Attachments

• 20141018_110703.jpg
    20141018_110703.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20170909_081455.jpg
    20170909_081455.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 36

Stockbroker5

Following. Got a couple of odds and ends that I would like to have some other eyes look at.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Shipped the gauges out to Kevin at Classy Gauges for a restoration. Got the seats, center console and side panels over to the upholstery shop today and Im ordering shocks this week. Here is what I would like to get accomplished:

Move axle back 1" and check driveshafts
Replace all 4 shocks
Remove the cage and dash
Weld in new dash panel in between steering wheel and glovebox
Add ground straps
Remove hood and prep new hood
Fix D20 leak and diagnose speedo issue
Replace wheel studs
Beef up frame mounts and cut hole in bumper for lights

That may be too much and that is fine as Id like to be done in the early afternoon. I also dont see anyone else posting a project list...

Last edited:

Stockbroker5

Interested in bringing the rig to Tucson or would you wait for a Phoenix event? Never seen a '66 in person

Don't know if I'll be able to make it down there on the 7th. Soused to be going to Disney the next morning with the family.
I have major door alignment issues that might be from a crash or really poorly built up door posts. All done by POs.

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
El Jefe, I have this marked on my calendar. I would enjoy heading down to Tucson and turn a wrench or spark up a welder. My bronco doesn't really "need" anything but a freshened up motor but I already have plans in place for that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting some bronco brothers and assisting where I can.
Dan.

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
If anyone wants new ground or power cables, I've got a lug crimper some really nice 2ga flexible welding cable and skills:cool:... Maybe help me tune my carb better and set my timing in exchange.. I'm excited about this meet up!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
The weather is getting better finally. Ill get a head count late next week but it sounds like we have 5-10 for sure

If anyone wants new ground or power cables, I've got a lug crimper some really nice 2ga flexible welding cable and skills:cool:... Maybe help me tune my carb better and set my timing in exchange.. I'm excited about this meet up!
Just bought a set of ground cables from AC DC Power Supply haha. Anyone have any of this stuff Im looking for:http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280789

Bring the welder for sure! The garage has 220V. Not sure if a torch or cutting wheel would be better for opening up the bumper

Anyone have thoughts on mounting my cage to the w/s frame: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3010213