• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who makes a grill/hood bra cover

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We drive to local car shows most every weekend. I see that some of the hotrod guys put a bra over the front to cut down on the bugs and rock chipsin their paint.

Does anyone make/sell these fit the early Broncos? I contacted one place and he said they just "missed the boat" and have never produced a cover for the early Bronco.

After all these years I figured that someone would be selling these.

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought about that. We are going to do that with the flares, but the grill would be pretty expensive. So far it doesn't look like any of the manufacturers have anything....unless I can convince them that there is a market for them.

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I just made my own.

Attachments

• DSC_383t7.jpg
    DSC_383t7.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 61

boonz28

Contributor
I'm concerned for safety.

Do you have one showing the "high beams" too?

For comparison sake.

;D

f64bdd1edd746266722d0d041bc7785b.jpg

Safety first people

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
This is something you will have to get made at an upholstery shop. I would suggest vynalaround the fenders and hood with anvery soft felt backing. Then sew a piece of pet grade window screen in the open area that is left (basically the grill headlight area) this will keepp bugs and rocks from hitting the front end. Also if tou are that worried you might want to put some kind of rock guard in the front inner fenders to keep rocks from hitting the under side of the fender and spider webbing the paint. Might consider mud flaps too. This will keep the rocks from slinging up along side the bronco and scratching paint and. Usting flares. Just othe rsuggestions. I dont worry about thise little things. I call them battle scars ot tattoos. Lol. Our broncos are meant to be used and should shownit!!