• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

long bed bronco?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
1964 f100 eh? so I could cut the bronco in front of the wheel wells and add a chunk of the f100 bed? does it have the same floor and width? thanks---Ryan

The truck is full size. If you tried to just drop the bed onto the Bronco you will find it is too wide. You would need to narrow it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone ever made a long bed bronco? Kinda like a scrambler? As a half cab only longer, it would be cool to be able to but a four wheel pop up on one. if anyone has pics of something like this, please e-mail them to me ryanharrisalaska@yahoo.com Thanks---Ryan

Here's a couple of photos of one under construction in the PNW.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• DSCN0009X.jpg
    DSCN0009X.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN0011XA.jpg
    DSCN0011XA.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 288

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That thing is cool, someone must have a lot of free time to take on a build like that. Come on Todd spill the beans.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Nice, Todd. Based on a calibrated eyeball, it looks like the wheelbase is about 3 feet longer than stock.

OP
OP
ullr

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
Todd, I like!!!! I'd love more details....what problems, regrets, advice? I'm in eastern WA but I'm gone all summer in AK I'd love to make it to SOB sometime though....

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Photo shopped

Attachments

• Personal Pics 023(2).JPG
    Personal Pics 023(2).JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 210

TCheney

Any details on the cab? Interesting stretch there. Will it get windows? A real phantom extended cab Early Bronco pickup. It finally happened... or will soon. Get more pics!!!

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
saw your ad

it musta been your ad that i saw in the spokane craigslist!!..
actually one of the local junkyards here had one of them pickups out back...
ya'll got me thinking! :cool:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
This extended cab pick-up bed has now given me ideas.
It may roll into Taz's rig :cool: I got the extra parts, 2 tubs, 2 frames, a stretch is in order.. All I need is the time..

I'm keeping my eye on this one..

Toddz,
Thanks for the heads up...
madgyver

OP
OP
ullr

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
I love the response to this post, This is a project I've wanted to do since I was in college at CSU in Ft Collins CO. Coby Huey was the first to tell me about half cabs and the idea of a longer one started there. BTW he was helping me tow my '71 off campus back home after some serious wiring probs. My battery hold down broke and my battery hopped onto the cooling fins of the Alt. and sprayed acid everywhere. I didn't know it and boy! it did a # on all my wires. I still have all kinds of parts from the many broncos I had in the past, hey I'm only 32, making myself sound old. wish I still had all those bronc's. BUT I was driving from Denver to Spokane area to Alaska and back every year. and my driving rig was my wheeling rig, my own ult. adventure, every year(minus the serious hardcore wheelin en route) you can't imagine the part's I had hidden in my bronco and 4x8 wells-cargo trailer. Up in Alaska I forgot my hood pins one day, hammered the gas and in second gear my protofab pro flow hood flew up shattering the windshield bending the hell out of the frame and even screwing up the hard top, the hood was a total loss...but I had the parts, minus the hood, in my trailer, go figure. Anyways, many of you have seen my craigslist post, If you have the, some, any parts to start to do this, ie a decent(front half) tub, a 64 f100 bed ect please let me know. Or if your in my area and need some free help??? with a project like this, let me know....Ryanharrisalaska@yahoo.com

btw in 2002 I sold my 77 to themanager of John Elway's Toyota towards the purchase of my D-cab tacoma, it's a better road trip vehicle, I've yet to carry parts en route to AK...and my 66 zebra on ebay. Those two rigs paid for the Taco in full. Love the taco but NEED A BRONCO!---ryan

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
How is Coby BTW?

Is he still in the EB or offroad 4x4 scene?

I think Mark now owns what he called the black ghost?