• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UT First Bronco Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieTruckGuy

First, Been reading your forum for a few years, it's awesome.

I'm ready to buy a Bronco. I'm hoping for something reliable as a 3rd car, a cruiser. I'm open to doing some of the interior myself, so I mainly care about bodywork and how it looks under the hood.

really interested in this one for $40000. WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK

2 videos:

Exterior:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cudYzAYcYgcm44SUR4Q2Y4Y2FhWDdueXdtWGs4UUROelFz/view?usp=sharing

Under the hood: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cudYzAYcYgbXVwT002aUJMX0k/view?usp=sharing

Thanks guys! Look forward to hanging on the forum together.

JGO

Contributor
That's a nice Bronco, BUT!!!
In this price range you can get a more modern drivetrain and a rust free body. I would go with fuel injection, overdrive transmission, and hydroboost brakes if you want to enjoy driving daily. Sounds like it is idling nice, but it has a lot of old tech. I see some warning signs in the body that would make me uneasy. Looks like the driver rocker is weird at the rear. Sometimes when a body is sprayed with bedliner on the outside it is because the body is junk. A junk body ruins any investment value. I have three for sale that compare favorably and can get close to your budget. I will PM you a link.

Jim

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Welcome! Everyone has such different interest and tastes in restomod interiors. I'd really have to crawl around in person to see if anything stands out. Personally I'd have a hard time paying $40k for a restomod with a carb.

ATLJrod

Loc.
Orlando, FL
$40k for drum brakes without a booster?
Nah.

This was my first thought as well. I was also in your shoes a few months back (thinking $30 - $45k) for my Bronco purchase. For that price, I'd expect at least front disk brakes and a brake booster. I don't know what this has, but I'd also want a higher-end transmission (C4 or NV4500).

Have you asked about the fuel tanks (1 or 2) and when the fuel lines were last replaced?

That being said, that thing looks awesome. Love the blacked out wheels contrasting with the white :cool:

OP
OP
R

RookieTruckGuy

Thanks guys.

I don't know much about the brakes. Is that a big overhaul to replace?

Gas Tank was replaced with 20 or 25 gallon within the past 24 months. Single tank

JGO

Contributor
Thanks guys.

I don't know much about the brakes. Is that a big overhaul to replace?

Gas Tank was replaced with 20 or 25 gallon within the past 24 months. Single tank

Here's a photo of the brake booster in the Bronco I am selling for around the same price as the lesser Bronco you are looking at. It's called a Hydroboost setup and I think most will agree it is the way to go. I never had a Bronco with truly safe brakes until I started installing these boosters, they use your power steering pump to provide assist rather than your engine vacuum. Doing power disc can cost from $700 to $3-4k depending on how junk yard savvy you are, and if you turn your own wrenches.

Jim

Attachments

• eng5.jpg
    eng5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 160
  • eng1.jpg
    eng1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 171

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
A total of 1 minute 39 seconds on 2 videos.....can't really hear what he says (at least I couldn't). $40,000??? Really doesn't show much in my opinion.

No description: what engine, tranny, lift - body/suspension, etc, etc......

What year? Clear title?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My only input is that I hate those type wheels on an old vehicle; Bronco, Mustang, Camaro, Blazer doesn't matter, just not right! But I'm old school %);D:cool:

Good luck with your search. If you have that kind of money to spend, you should be very selective.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Looks like a flipper to me. I almost spewed when I saw those wheels...... You can do much better for that amount of money.

BroncoPoor

In all honesty! If you have $40K to spend i would watch the for sale section on this site religiously for the next couple of months and purchase something from a member. I've seen some great deals on this site on higher end trucks. I'm too much of a cheap ass to buy a restored truck. Good luck!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
15-20k max, looks like a flipper special. Under the hood is a mess and is the paint rhino type lining?
dash isn't much better, they could at least afford a steering column bezel%) lots of iffy things on this bronco for 40k:eek:

OP
OP
R

RookieTruckGuy

All great points. Thanks.

I don't want to be patient, I want to be cruising in the summer with the top off, but that sounds like the best option. :cry:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
All great points. Thanks.

I don't want to be patient, I want to be cruising in the summer with the top off, but that sounds like the best option. :cry:

Looked for almost 2 years............. it's worth it to get the right one. Like said above, be patient and buy from an ESTABLISHED member here. Established as in a member with a post count greater than one :) There's some great broncos for sale here often.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Start your offer at 21,500, citing no EFI, no Hydroboost, interesting looking wiring underhood. Both those would bring it up to about $30,000, not 40 I'm afraid. But it appears to be a sellers market.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
In all honesty! If you have $40K to spend i would watch the for sale section on this site religiously for the next couple of months and purchase something from a member. I've seen some great deals on this site on higher end trucks. I'm too much of a cheap ass to buy a restored truck. Good luck!

RookieTruckGuy with that budget? :eek: Here are a few on this board that are also for sale!

1974 Stroker EFI discs w booster for 25k
You missed out on this one for 27.5 again with EFI, hydroboost, etc

There are some great ones on here if you wait and watch, but with that budget you can be extremely picky.

1966tiger

Look at the restomod a couple of posts below yours that's in Arkansas. Several on here say they've seen it and can attest to the quality of the build. If he's located in Ft Smith, Ft Smith is an exit off of I40 which would make for an easy transport pickup

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'd also look to buy from a member on here and then switch out whatever cosmetic details you want (like wheels, bumpers, etc.). Better to have a bronco you can enjoy than one that always breaking down or scary to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.