• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco - Build In The Works

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure who has the best floor pans.

Start a New Thread and ask for more info.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am a big fan of the Y-to-T steering linkage, especially if you have a lift installed. The WH kit will be installed this week.

I also received the rear fender flares, hood shocks and rear hatch shocks. These go on next.

ChrisC74

Looking great. Can you please post a video clip of the exhaust when you have a chance?

Thx.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sometimes it's the small little upgrades or modifications that can make a difference.

I took off the deadly lift arms off the hard top rear hatch. Installed some shocks instead.

I also did the same with the steel hood. I did not remove the stock prop rod, but I did add some shocks for the hood to help hold in place and easy up and down as well.

Small job. Big results. Both of these should be a "Given" upgrade.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I took off the deadly lift arms off the hard top rear hatch. Installed some shocks instead.

In FL this was always my first change out/parts order.
Not a lot of mild days, so windows down and hatch open were a must for ventilation.
Nothing like stopping at a red light and walking around to relift the hatch 5 times every drive home.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JaxLax - You were lucky the glass was not shattered when the Hatch slammed down. Every bump could dis-engage those arms.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've decided not to go with the Coyote conversion for this Bronco.

Driving it for now until most of the parts are in. Could be awhile, i'm having fun now as it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll pull the existing 302/C4/Dana 20 drivetrain soon, rebuild, and use for the 69 build.

I am debating body color on this one too. Sun Burst Orange, Wimbledon White or Silver. I am leaning toward silver since I hardly see any.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Coyote will go in another build. F-100 maybe?

This was delivered today. 2016 Mustang 5.0L Coyote with less than 20K miles.

I need to order some parts now.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Coyote.jpg
    77 Bronco - Coyote.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
now I'm getting excited. Now the fun starts.

This was delivered today. 2016 Mustang 5.0L Coyote with less than 20K miles.

I need to order some parts now.

Very nice! Good thing it got there, doesn’t look like that pallet wa destined to go much further.....

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Must be the picture. The Pallet is in great shape with a small engine cradle on top. At time of picture the pallet is sitting on the Engine Hoist legs. Arrived completely wrapped, so I can't complain about the shipping.

I'll take most of the Serpentine System off and replace with the BC Serpentine and install their motor mounts. i'm going to need an Oil Relocation set-up or an Angled Oil Filter Adaptor to help with Frame Clearance. The passenger side Inner Fender with have to be modified and everything should drop into place on the frame mounts.

That's the plan anyway.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the front of the motor prepped for the BC Serpentine System. I also received the BC Motor Mounts and Angled Oil Filter Adaptor. These have been installed with no issues and the Coyote could actually be dropped in once the Passenger Side Inner Fender is Modified.

Step by step it's getting done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hemmer - All will be the same for you except the Engine Harness. I am going to install the 4R70W and not the 6R80.

I have the Manual Engine Harness installed but you will need an Automatic Engine Harness if you don't already have one. I will sell you the (2015-2017) Automatic Harness if you need one that came off the 2016 motor I have.

If you have the earlier 2011-2014 Engine, the Manual and Automatic Engine Harnesses are the same.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's the correct Control Pack for use with the 6R80. Trans, Power Distribution, Starter, AC, Alternator, Fan, MAF and a couple more.

You will still need an Automatic Engine Harness. This Harness has all the plugs for the sensors, injectors, ect....

What Engine harness comes on the Crate Engine you want?

Go to my "Coyote Parts List" thread if you need some additional help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little progress the last couple nights.

All the Wiring, Lights, Emblems have been removed from the body. The Exhaust and drive Shafts have been removed so the Drivetrain can be taken out easier. All of the interior has been stripped.

I also installed the WH 1" Body Lift. Bronco looks better overall.

I will take the Bronco to the Transmission shop next week to remove the Trans and Transfer Case to be rebuilt. I will use them for the 69 I am building for an easy Manual To Auto Swap.

Pictures to follow soon.

Last edited: