• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IA Remote Drivers Side Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustangs2

Trying to source a remote drivers side mirror with toggle plate, toggle spanner nut, and gasket.
Part #C9TB-17683-B
Thanks!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_10dd.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_10dd.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 50

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I may have one for you. All I have is a used mirror with attached cables. Hit me up later on and let me send you a better pic.
Matt

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
These are getting harder to find. Most of the "NOS" ones dont have gasket or the bezel and locater ring. I may have one too, but will be used and no gasket.... And I may have a bezel for you if you buy someone elses mirror.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
just checked...there's a NOS one on ebay right now for 1200.00

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I went home during lunch and took some pics. Mine are far from show quality but the cables and mirror move nicely. It does have a part broken off see the pic where it screws on. I don't know if you can replace the broken part or not.
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2709.jpg
    IMG_2709.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2708.jpg
    IMG_2708.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 41

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats a small head, passenger car mirror. Will fit okay on a Bronco some say. A friend of mine in Texas uses that one when he can't find a big head C9TB mirror.

I have a working one I'd sell (C9TB) and an NOS I might not sell. And 2 parts mirrors

shado72

Was going to sell mine a few years back. Didn't know they fetched that much money

shado72

Sorry Mustangs2 don't mean to hijack your tread.

Hey Bajabronco, how can you tell the difference between the bronco mirror and a car mirror? If I emai you a pic, could you tell me?

Thanks for your time!

OP
OP
Mustangs2

Mustangs2

I went home during lunch and took some pics. Mine are far from show quality but the cables and mirror move nicely. It does have a part broken off see the pic where it screws on. I don't know if you can replace the broken part or not.
Matt

Thanks Matt!
I really appreciate your effort.
I was hoping to find something complete.
It sound like this may be more difficult and expensive than I expected.
Thanks again for finding yours and posting the picture.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry Mustangs2 don't mean to hijack your tread.

Hey Bajabronco, how can you tell the difference between the bronco mirror and a car mirror? If I emai you a pic, could you tell me?

Thanks for your time!

The big one is a Bronco. The little one is a Mustang. Sorry about the "artsy" B&W pixs. I didn't realize the phone was set that way.

Attachments

• Mirror 2.jpg
    Mirror 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Mirror 1.jpg
    Mirror 1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Mirror.jpg
    Mirror.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 40

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Matt

Don't know if you can replace that piece. I have the same problem, PO hit a tree with it and snapped off the end piece. I looked for a while, but gave up. I picked up the Mustang version in the hopes of swapping the base, but the back of where the mirror attaches is different. I may do the surgery anyway just to get the big mirror.

OP
OP
Mustangs2

Mustangs2

The big one is a Bronco. The little one is a Mustang. Sorry about the "artsy" B&W pixs. I didn't realize the phone was set that way.

So does the base of the Mustang mirror line up with the mounting holes on our Broncos?
Are the bases the same? Meaning the only difference is the Big Head mirror?
Always trying to learn
Jeff

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So does the base of the Mustang mirror line up with the mounting holes on our Broncos?
Are the bases the same? Meaning the only difference is the Big Head mirror?
Always trying to learn
Jeff

The holes line up but the bases aren't the same. The Bronco mirror has a wider and longer base (it's longer past the back screw). The other issue is the Mustang mirror body and frame attaches to the post of the base and can rotate at the top of the post. The Bronco mirror base/post/ and mounting "ball" at the top of the post are all one piece. The mirror body and frame attach to the "ball" on the post. Also the Mustang mirror has a divot in the back while the Bronco mirror has a slight bulge. I'll post the pix as soon as they finish transferring from my phone. I'll also move this to the tech section for future use.

Attachments

• IMG_5723.jpg
    IMG_5723.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5724.jpg
    IMG_5724.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5725.jpg
    IMG_5725.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5726.jpg
    IMG_5726.jpg