• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radius Arms

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
I noticed while giving my bronco a look over today that the passenger side radius arm has a large gap where it mounts to the frame. The bushings are still there, although they could use a change, they aren't gone. The driver side is tight. The nuts on both look to be in the same place. I cannot figure out why/how that side has so much daylight. Any ideas?

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Some of the bushing kits come with a phenolic donut that is supposed to replace the steel donut that is welded to the bracket. Maybe someone did cut off the steel ones and used the phenolic one which may have cracked and fallen out. That's about the only thing I can think of other than a squished bushing. Then again I don't know that the stud portion of all radius arms are the same length. I think their was a change when Ford went from castellated nuts to lock nuts.

How much of a gap?

OP
OP
Ches7911

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma

Hopefully this works. I haven't added many pics to threads - but I uploaded them in the gallery in case the links don't work. One is of the driver side which looks correct. The other is the passenger side which looks incorrect. The castle nut is lined up with the keeper hole although I don't currently have a keeper in it.

To answer broncodriver99 - the steel donuts on the brackets are still welded on.

Let me know if you need any other pics and I'll send them

OP
OP
Ches7911

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
Well, I don't think the photo upload worked. Looks like I need to read a thread on adding pics to a thread...:/

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Yeah, but in the meantime this should help dude.

Attachments

• IMG_3573.JPG
    IMG_3573.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3574.JPG
    IMG_3574.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
Ches7911

Ches7911

Loc.
OKlahoma
Understood! I'll be changing them out. I knew they were looking worn out, but I thought they were still all there. Thank you all for the input.