• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BD fiberglass body sport insert

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How are folks finishing off the inside of the Bronco Design sport tub? Keep the lip?...or lose it? I don't really like having the lip across the bottom edge but if I cut it off then I won't have anything to attach an inner closure panel to.

Attachments

• IMG_0886[1].jpg
    IMG_0886[1].jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 98

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I feel the only way to expect to have a finished look is to keep the lip / return. Fabricating an inner panel that finishes off the "lip"to the floor and to the inner kick would be the path I would take.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I feel the only way to expect to have a finished look is to keep the lip / return. Fabricating an inner panel that finishes off the "lip"to the floor and to the inner kick would be the path I would take.

I've got a pattern made for that solution, but I recall the inserts were flush with the floor on my trail rig and I liked that....it prevented the floor pan from becoming a holding pan for water, mud etc...it was easy to just sweep it out.

What does the factory insert look like there?