• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Realized today, that since I have been running a HEI distributor for probably 8 years now, that I didn't need and probably shouldn't still have a Ford starter regulator or a ballast resistor wired into the system....managed to find the original Centech harness instructions online for the harness I installed late 90s, and when switching to HEI and 1 wire alternator and such, I just didn't delete a lot of things. It's been my project the last few months to clean all that wiring up. Funny is that it runs just fine with all that extra stuff cobbled together.

I may gain power just from the weight savings of all the needless nonsense I have been taking out the last few months....has to be at least a 3 second gain in 0-60 :ROFLMAO:
Yes I was wondering where you found the pdf for centech harnesses online? I've got some wiring issues I need to address.Thanks

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Well here it goes, as some of you might know, I just got my blood pig not too long ago, I thought I had a dry floor but some spots appeared, not to bad but will have to change a seal add a bolt and as our Broncos go, the adventure never stops. Yesterday I lifted the hood as I do have electrical problems, you guys and gals would shake your heads, loose grounds everywhere even one cut, valve cover bolts missing( reason for some of the blood on the floor) even fender bolts loose. My project has only began!

66 Bronco Dave

Contributor
Finished roll bar seat belts and center console. Here’s pics

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpeg
    IMG_0604.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0599.jpeg
    IMG_0599.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 52

66 Bronco Dave

Contributor
I am wanting to make a similar roll bar. What dimensions did you use? Do you have any recommendations?
Do you have a bulk head in yours. I just fabbed it on the fly. I can use it with a half cab or full top. Wasn't that hard. Just took a little time. If you need angles and dimensions let me know. Just trial and error.

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
Is water crossing a regular occurrence? If so, do you do all the usual things to minimize water intrusion?
Extend your vent tube up into the engine compartment instead of just relying on the frame height (based on the picture) alone to keep water out.
When redoing the wheel bearings, pack the spindle completely.
Yes there are seals back down there by the u-joint, but they aren’t really all that great at keeping water out.
Best to pack the spindle with grease completely.
The wheel bearing seals themselves are pretty good, but make sure to coat the entire inner hub surface with grease. You don’t want to pack it necessarily, but definitely coat it.
And then finally, do what you can to seal the locking mechanism itself.
In addition to the rubber O-rings, maybe it’s time for some silicone sealer? At least between the hub and the hub-lock bezel.
And when you put your new hubs in there (unless you’re able to fix the existing ones?) put some thicker grease on the knob O-ring.
That should at least give your differential a fighting chance.

Speaking of the differential, did you pop the cover and drain everything out and replace the oil?
That used to be considered standard practice after every trip that involved water crossing.

Great picture by the way! I know we like to see more of the bronco for Calendar shots, but this would be a great one for the “off-road“ calendar.
It's either deep water or deep mud up here, diff and tcase breather all go above the brake booster than loop down. I'm currently trying out a new tractor grease to see how it does. The red and tacky doesn't fare well. Spindle is full of grease and I generally coat the hub pretty good. If pulled the cover a couple times after these deep crossings with nothing inside. Thanks, I need to get someone out there with me to take pictures!

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
Jack ola....other than put the trickle charger on the Bruggy. Taking it to a car show next weekend. I think I am going to bolt on the 16x38.5x15's to make for a fun back country gravel road drive. The 37's are ok, but I want to roll up and make statement.

And found a cool shirt.... sort of Bronco related. https://shop.prorodeo.com/pro-red-wright-and-broncs-unisex-short-sleeve-t-shirt/
Ok, so it at least says Broncs.
That Bruggy is awesome. I have a similar plan for a frame I have lying around.

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
Started bolting my "brand used" body to the frame on the rotisserie. Going to keep it ratty as it will be a crawler, but replacing the angle iron and plate rear floor someone welded in long ago.

20230804_153820.jpg