• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB in Hagerty AD

Jaxgtc

Signed up for Hagerty Insurance and got my packet today. Really cool they use an EB in their literature.
Anyone in 231 (Michigan) recognize this one?

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 100

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Number is a traverse city number... I wouldn't be surprised if it's their number as they are located there. Might be that one that ended up taking a swim in the river lol

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Odd how it's parked on dirt and it specifically states in their disclaimer that they will NOT cover any accidents or claims that happen when the vehicle is not on a paved surface

Several of hagertys ads show pickups on dirt roads but their policy clearly states that they don't cover any operation that's not on pavement
One member here asked if his EB would be covered in a state park campground that had dirt road and Hagarty said no way , no how, no coverage .

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
Odd how it's parked on dirt and it specifically states in their disclaimer that they will NOT cover any accidents or claims that happen when the vehicle is not on a paved surface

Several of hagertys ads show pickups on dirt roads but their policy clearly states that they don't cover any operation that's not on pavement
One member here asked if his EB would be covered in a state park campground that had dirt road and Hagarty said no way , no how, no coverage .

Can you provide a link to this claim. I've looked at my policy several times when these claims are made and can't find it.

I recently rolled my 77 and an adjuster looked at it and said nothing about it obviously being set up for off road use. There's a recent thread on this site detailing the accident.

I have a settlement offer from Haggery that's extremely fair and it allows me to keep the truck, just need to visit a notary and send off a form.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> straight from a page on Hagerty website... https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/classic-car-insurance/does-my-vehicle-qualify#DriverEligibility >>>>> Vehicles That May Not Qualify

Because we provide low-cost, Guaranteed Value™ coverage, we are not able to provide coverage for certain vehicles due to how they are used and the increased risk associated.
•Camping, off-road, or utility-type vehicles
•Daily-use vehicles
•Commercial-use vehicles
•Motorcycles with performance modifications
•Any vehicle modified with nitrous components
•Dune buggies

OP
OP
Jaxgtc

Jaxgtc

>>> straight from a page on Hagerty website... https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/classic-car-insurance/does-my-vehicle-qualify#DriverEligibility >>>>> Vehicles That May Not Qualify

Because we provide low-cost, Guaranteed Value™ coverage, we are not able to provide coverage for certain vehicles due to how they are used and the increased risk associated.
•Camping, off-road, or utility-type vehicles
•Daily-use vehicles
•Commercial-use vehicles
•Motorcycles with performance modifications
•Any vehicle modified with nitrous components
•Dune buggies

I would think that the mere presnce of dirt would not imply off-road use. Many roads and parking lots are unpaved, yet designed for vehicle use - including publicly maintained roads. Good point about the off-road language, something to be considered I think for the more obvious off-road scenario.

meadowblaster

Don't want to hijack, but I just paid my daily driver insurance yesterday, Safeco is also using a Bronco on their site.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.42.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.42.19 AM.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 55

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Don't want to hijack, but I just paid my daily driver insurance yesterday, Safeco is also using a Bronco on their site.

Why is the swing away tire carrier on the driver's side? Was this an option? I've only seen them on the passenger. Wouldn't want to change my tire on the side of the road and have that thing swing into traffic.

meadowblaster

I think the entire photo was flipped, you can also see a highlight of the gas fill caps on the passenger side. Then they probably photoshopped the steering wheel back over to the left side, in fact you can see the shifter arm on the wrong side of the steering column in the pic too!

Joe473

Can you provide a link to this claim. I've looked at my policy several times when these claims are made and can't find it.

I recently rolled my 77 and an adjuster looked at it and said nothing about it obviously being set up for off road use. There's a recent thread on this site detailing the accident.

I have a settlement offer from Haggery that's extremely fair and it allows me to keep the truck, just need to visit a notary and send off a form.
Good to hear that this is working out for you! Was curious how well Hagerty handles claims. I think a lot has to do with the local agent and adjuster as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No Hay

Bronco Guru
The Hagerty website described above is describing vehicles, not roadbeds. It also says "may" which must have some fine print notes related somewhere. They need to provide their definition of "off-road, or utility-type."

"May" does not mean "shall", just like the National Electrical Code.

My current and last EB are with Hagerty, are lifted, with 33"x12.5" tires, and with required pics sent to them, I'm covered.

And another thing: (my ex hated when I said that) I still don't know why I'm divorced ;D, but if "paved roads only," then, when one comes up on road construction, one would have to turn around!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
They should just state that vehicle usage is allowed only on roads intended for normal vehicular traffic and not roads used solely by four wheel drive, off road, or heavily modified vehicles. That way, I could stay in a cabin at a KOA campground.

I called and asked about staying at a KOA last year since it could be called camping. Nope, no coverage even if I stayed in a cabin because the cabin was on a gravel road. Not even comprehensive or theft coverage.....

OP
OP
Jaxgtc

Jaxgtc

My policy is for a classic or collector vehicle and there is no mention of off-road or paved roads anywhere in the approximately 30 pages. Perhaps there is a difference by state or in the Insurance Company Hagerty is using/writing the policy. I think the word "paved" was introduced by one of the posts and not in the online documents being questioned that simply refer to "off-road". Regardless, anyone doing off-road activity should probably be concerned with the specifics, which fortunately do not apply in my case.
Thanks for making me read my policy for the first time in 35 years of driving!

77Bronco636

Explains why their prices are going up! Using the bronco in the add, now charging us more!

bbolander

I have my 71 Pinzgauer insured through Hagerty. Their rep explained to me that the off-road exclusion means off of the road. It does not mean on dirt roads which are OK - pavement is not a requirement according to what she said.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have my 71 Pinzgauer insured through Hagerty. Their rep explained to me that the off-road exclusion means off of the road. It does not mean on dirt roads which are OK - pavement is not a requirement according to what she said.

The intent of the usage is a big deciding factor to them. I explained to them that travel on many non-paved mountain or desert roads might be considered "off-roading" and asked how they distinguish between the two. The response was that It's up to the adjuster to ask questions and make a decision.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I would think that the mere presnce of dirt would not imply off-road use. Many roads and parking lots are unpaved, yet designed for vehicle use - including publicly maintained roads. Good point about the off-road language, something to be considered I think for the more obvious off-road scenario.

Consider this, if you lived in carova, nc, highway 12 is a 12 mile stretch of beach that's 4wd only, yet patrolled by police and subject to all fines on pavement. It's legally the road there. How would hagerty handle This? If you lived there, it's your only route to travel to work, school, groceries, etc.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
My belief on all of this, traveling a gravel, dirt or sandy road the truck is covered. If the truck is damaged rock crawling, mud bogging, dune running and the like there will likely be issues.

With that being said, a couple of my Broncos do get used in trail riding/rock crawling. But I do this with the understanding any damage incurred is my responsibility.

The wreck I recently experienced with my 77 was hitting a couple of pigs on a paved road at 10 pm. No other driver to find at fault. This wreck and another I experienced 15 years ago in a normally insured F series truck is why have collector insurance. In that wreck 15 years ago I t-boned an illegal alien with an expired Mexican drivers license in a car that wasn't his. That didn't turn out well for me financially.

At least in this recent wreck I'm covered. I'm not worried about what I do off road. My concern is other things on paved roads.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!

That was ME! I asked two different agents who said OK...I called Hagerty twice and each time they said it doesn't matter what the agent says...it's

"WHAT THE POLICY STATES"... SO IMPORTANT if you think you're covered in a "Club Meeting" but on dirt or on sand and you aren't covered even tho if you are in a club event...

Be careful guys...I looked for 2 years...