• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dynamat

Lawndart

Loc.
I used hushmat for my top. Don't know if it was cheaper (about $100 to do the top).

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Peel N Seal, FatMat, HushMat, Elemental Designs, Lizard Skin, Second Skin, B-Quiet, RAAMmat and Themo-Tec

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have door shells that i will be bonding together in the spring likely. Does this stuff really help with noise etc? i figure it will be easier to apply to inside before bonding if its really worth while.

Hank

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Yes, but it makes a huge difference that every square inch on whatever panel you're doing gets covered. There are studies out there showing how inefficient it is if you don't do the entire panel

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Boom Matt is cheaper.

Brown Bread is probably the cheapest.

Check Amazon and eBay

Dbteak

I used second skin audio products. They were shipped fast and the products worked well.

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
After checking with Dynamat and what they suggested, I almost fell out from sticker shock. Did a little research and got everything off a from clearance rack at Walmart less than half price for whole lot.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to hijack the thread but can someone explain a little about Dynamat? I've been looking at it for sound and heat and it seems I need 2 layers. One product does sound and one does heat?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not with Dynomat you don't. You either get the one designed to do just sound attenuating, or you get the one designed to do both.
With Lizzard Skin liquid spray-on stuff, you do need both types. You spray on the acoustic dampening skin first, then do the thermal barrier coating on top of that.
Or you could use the acoustic everywhere, and the heat barrier only where you think you need it. Me I'd do it all if I was using Lizzard Skin.

As far as the others, with so many it's very possible that you need two layers of certain brands. But I've never seen that. Always seen one layer only, but of the correct type to help with both conditions.

Even with the traditional looking "jute" style stuff (such as from Quality Heat Shield) you buy the stuff with a single layer of foil backing for a little sound and a lot of heat rejection. If you want more sound blocking, you buy the one with the foil on both sides. You'd think that the shiny stuff on both sides would be more for heat, but according to them (this is 15 year old information) the double-sided foil version is for more sound deadening.

I'm assuming that adding an additional layer of just about any of the products will add both heat and sound barrier properties though. Just that I've never heard it recommended.
Do you remember which brand was talking about that?

Paul

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
All great information. I'm looking forward to trying some of it. My doors could use some for sure and the hard top. I've already got the old school LMC aluminum backed shag carpet style mat under my carpet.

PaveBronco

Anyone use this, seems pretty cheap compared to the Dynamat, so not sure if its any good..reviews are good..

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=sr_1_28_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1506434361&sr=1-28-spons&keywords=dynamat&psc=1[/url]

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I used the B-Quiet stuff on my hardtop and floorboard under the carpet. Huge difference, and well worth the installation.

SamD

I used Dynamat to cover 100% of the floor, rear quarter sides, inside the door, and the hard top. Then dynapad as carpet padding, and dynaliner as additional hard top insulation. Then carpet and a headliner on top of those. No more rattle or vibration, and the doors sound almost like a new car when they close.

Now it's so quiet, I can hear all the wind noise from the air leaks around the windshield and doors I need to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk