• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacement Radio For Early Bronco

BRONCODALE

THE RADIO IN MY 74 BRONCO IS FADING OUT SO I WENT TO BEST BUY TO GET A NEW ONE. ALL OF THEIR RADIOS ARE OF THE SLIDE IN KIND WHERE THEY JUST SLIDE INTO A BOX ALREADY INSTALLED OR YOU CAN INSTALL THE BOX TO SLIDE IT INTO. THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY DASH IS CUT OUT FOR TWO STUDS STICKING THROUGH (ONE STUD IS THE ON OFF BUTTON AND THE OTHER IS THE STATION DIAL) . IS THERE A RADIO WITH CD CAPABILITY THAT WILL FIT THAT CONFIGURATION OR WILL I HAVE TO CUT THE DASH FURTHER? ANY HELP WILL BE APPREDIATED. THANX Dale

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
AM only? I hope you like talk radio ;D

I cut mine and bought a trim piece from an adapter kit from a car audio shop. I don't have a close up picture of it right now, but I'll try and post one tomorrow. Craig

Bronchopper

Loc.
Incirlik, Turkey
71 SPORT said:
I Left My Stock Radio In Place,and Mounted My New Cd Player In My Tuffy Console.
i think this is the best plan. no cutting and theives will see the crappy old stereo in the dash and think there is nothing to steal. i am waiting for my tuffy console in the mail right now. got the stereo and amp etc. all in just sitting on the floor for now. makes me nervous till the console arrives. hopefully they will just see the one in the dash.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I am putting the old am chrome radio face on the dash...but not the entire radio. Under the dash I will install some sort of hidden radio. Hopefully the thieves will only see the old AM face plate and keep truckin.