• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color is your Bronco?

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Color

1970 U15 Bronco
Color code F - Mojave Tan from the factory, currently Red.
Going back to factory color after rebuild.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
71 color code E, Skyview blue, otherwise known as sissy blue. Hated the color, now it's metallic green. Honda kiwi metallic, which is sort of a modern twist of boxwood, which I always liked.

jray

Do I dare say Mississippi State Burgundy with white top (not my doing but po's), originally ginger brown metallic.

69_Sport

My '69 Sport is code "N" Norway Green. I see it is missing from the 1969 colors listing. There were over 500 examples built in Norway Green/Wimbleton White in '69, so it's nothing particularly special.

If I ever get around to repainting it, I'll likely go with a favorite dark green, Dark Ivy Green. It's a '66-'67 factory Ford color that's darker than the pea-green Norway. Mustang nuts will recognize it as the same color as was used on dark green '66-'67 Shelbys.

For those who have posted about their data tag having a blank where the color would be, your DSO code may be the answer. Do you have a Marti report on your Bronco? That might reveal the original color and other characteristics of the District Special Order. Maybe a fleet purchase or some other special order. Please share if you have more info.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey guys....love to see pics associated with your colors:) And like Paul said....what happened to Seabiscuit?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
What color is it? rattle can flat black (over rattle can camo) (gee thanks PO x?)

What color was it originally? 1971 T Candy Apple Red

And the question that wasn't asked:
What color(s) will it be when I get around to painting? Red (maybe Candy Apple, maybe another shade that's close) and low gloss black (John Deere Blitz Black).

Nothing Special

2004 Ford Sonic Blue (color code SN)

80-2014_rocks_2_51ad02b74c62538a45b466962d7889d2c939cc5f.jpg

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
It might be easier to answer "What color isn't on your Bronco?". ;D These are not the pics anyone really wants to see.

Lots of donor pieces. Green fenders. One yellow door. Orange hinges. White & silver grille. OD green windshield frame. Most of the parts seem to have been painted a rust orange at some point. Odd because they are from multiple sources. Like the back of the gas tank below. It's mostly gray primer at the moment.

013.jpg%20alt=

076.jpg

price209

Loc.
Folsom
Mine is a 73 color code U medium green poly. In the process of repainting it now, it will stay color code U but will get a black top and flares. I am the 2nd owner, grandpa was the first so want to keep the color. It's not my first choice of colors, but it is growing on me.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hear that 209. Thanks for keeping in theme with the family.
I was never a fan of Green myself, but after living with my green EB (still original ugly paint) for the last 40 years and having several Green rigs in the meantime, I'm a big fan now.

Broncos had some of the ugliest greens known to man too, but I'm loving the nostalgia of the vintage factory colors now and even the worst ones are growing on me too.
All that said, one of my all time favorite EB colors was Boxwood Green. Love that old color! Very Bronco-like if you ask me.

Good luck with your old new-to-you family rig.

Paul

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Ok I was going to start a new thread but this is color related even though a minor hijack. My rig is Viking red/red. After working on the build 8+ years, as time and money have allowed, my tastes have changed. I was going to paint it black, brown, green, purple, yellow, silver. Now I'm back to red. I am just not a fan of Viking so I am leaning towards 1997 Ferrari Rosso Corsa aka Ferrari red. To me it's hard to beat. But I recently learned that 1974 Explorer which I have, is the only year red red was offered. So I'm thinking of keeping it red red but changing out the Viking for Ferrari and having my 1991 fox body mustang seats re done in NOS red vinyl with some sort of insert. I'm kind of stuck on the insert since I really don't like houndstooth cloth even though it is original. Thanks for listening to my bronco ramblings!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Ok I was going to start a new thread but this is color related even though a minor hijack. My rig is Viking red/red. After working on the build 8+ years, as time and money have allowed, my tastes have changed. I was going to paint it black, brown, green, purple, yellow, silver. Now I'm back to red. I am just not a fan of Viking so I am leaning towards 1997 Ferrari Rosso Corsa aka Ferrari red. To me it's hard to beat. But I recently learned that 1974 Explorer which I have, is the only year red red was offered. So I'm thinking of keeping it red red but changing out the Viking for Ferrari and having my 1991 fox body mustang seats re done in NOS red vinyl with some sort of insert. I'm kind of stuck on the insert since I really don't like houndstooth cloth even though it is original. Thanks for listening to my bronco ramblings!

Check the price on that "Red' paint????%)%)%)

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
66 is Ragoon Red
74 is Calypso Coral

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...But I recently learned that 1974 Explorer which I have, is the only year red red was offered.

I'm still not sure where this whole "only year for the Explorer" thing started, but it keeps cropping up. Perhaps they mean "Viking Red" specifically?
My friend's '72 Explorer in Red kind of throws that out the window.
But maybe it wasn't Viking, but some other color. Unfortunately, with the way Ford did things it might have been the exact same color but with a different name and/or color code.
But it was definitely Red w/tan cloth interior and black dash & visors.

image0901 tims at squaw valley.jpg

Paul

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
one year for Red/Red

I'm still not sure where this whole "only year for the Explorer" thing started, but it keeps cropping up. Perhaps they mean "Viking Red" specifically?
My friend's '72 Explorer in Red kind of throws that out the window.
But maybe it wasn't Viking, but some other color. Unfortunately, with the way Ford did things it might have been the exact same color but with a different name and/or color code.
But it was definitely Red w/tan cloth interior and black dash & visors.

View attachment 409460

Paul

I meant only year for Red/Red which was the 74 explorer. In other words the only way ever to get a Red/Red EB from our good friends at the factory was to order a 74 Explorer.

k13evin

Loc.
Chattanooga
I did a Acapulco blue I just really liked the color

Attachments

• IMG_20161220_171547.jpg
    IMG_20161220_171547.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20161220_171523.jpg
    IMG_20161220_171523.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 142