• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Need to sell my Dads 72 U14 - UPDATED POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkcnet

PRICE: $14k OBO

I need to sell my dad's 72 U14 half cab. This was his pride and joy, but unfortunately he passed before he could finish it.

This is now my mother's vehicle and she needs to sell it.

I need to figure out the value so we can sell it. My wish is dad's dream can finally be realized.

It was painted an odd maroon color and low rider wheels, but this is a true U14 half cab with very little rust. I took a bunch of shots showing all the areas under and outside. Please see the attached link.

https://ibb.co/album/nN7stv

I added a few more pics showing most of the parts I have. I also have the front frame VIN number.

Sadly Dad a lot of projects that he did't get to finish.
This U14 is not 100% assembled but I believe it is a 100% complete.

It's an original 302.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Email me at jkcnet@gmail.com for additional details or offers if your so inclined.

Thanks
Jimmy

Last edited:

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Hey man, I am in the Waco area and am free to help if you need it. It looks super solid and a great start to a build.

I am not the best at valuing them, but I think personally 7K is low for how nice that body appears to be, especially if it is complete.

rockinrich

Contributor
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, it's a very nice bronco take your time and get the right price for it.There are more qualified peeps on here to help you with a price but i agree 7g's is too low in my opinion,good luck.

nalexander34

Loc.
SanAntonio/Phoenix
Sorry for your loss, but I recently saw a rusted out u14 on Craigslist in Dallas for 7k, the front door jambs were gone and the cowl has a ton of major rust also, not sure if it sold but it was a huge project compared to your dads.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That's worth way more then $7 grand. Tub and the top are worth close to that.

Tugross302

Don’t take $7,000. It’s worth more. Doesn’t look like it needs all that much to finish it either sorry about your dad

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If you get an offer of $12k, I would take it...if you were able to finish it you would of course get a little more, but I think 12 is fair as is, condolences from my family to yours my friend

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
If you offered to sell it to me for 7,000, there’s two options. Say yes and go strait to hell or counter counter your offer with 12,000 and live guilt free. I don’t know but I would trust these pros first. Sorry your Dad wasn’t able to finish it. Best of luck with the sale.

Last edited:

Bradsp8

$10k to $12k all day long. $13k if you swap the wheels and tires to something better! HA! It's a U14 so it's more rare than a U15. Not running and being that it needs to be assembled is hurting the value in my opinion. DO NOT LET THAT GO FOR $7k. You came to the right place for advice. Sorry to hear about your father, he obviously had good taste in trucks and appreciated his Bronco.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If you offered to sell it to me for 7,000, there’s two options. Say yes and go strait to hell or counter counter your offer with 12,000 and live guilt free.

maybe just me, but I don't know what this means ?:?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
maybe just me, but I don't know what this means ?:?

I'm a confusing person myself and I'm confused on what it means as well?:?

Maybe he'd feel so guilty for paying 7 g's he'd go to hell??

Cortez

Bronco Guru
He means pay $7k and live with the guilt of jilting the seller for the rest of your life or be honest and pay $12k cause it’s obviously worth it. Least that’s my interpretation.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Post up the vin number. If its one of the last U14's it could be worth a little more $$.

OP
OP
J

jkcnet

Thanks so much for the great feedback!
Sorry for the slow response my life has been a blur the last 6 months.

Here is the VIN U14GLM38684.

We just when to the tax agency to get the title ownership change to my mother, the new title will be available in about 2 weeks. Once I have the title in hand I will be setting the price and putting it formally on the market.

Also plan on making a trip to the house to catalog all the parts so I can say for sure this is a complete half cab. It sure was when he got it, I drove it myself.

Thanks again for all the great info and kind words.

Jimmy

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
He means pay $7k and live with the guilt of jilting the seller for the rest of your life or be honest and pay $12k cause it’s obviously worth it. Least that’s my interpretation.

What guilt would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.