• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ranger mirror ?

Action

For anyone running ranger/Bronco 2 mirrors. Just wondering how they are working out for you ? I have the stock remote drivers side mirror that I don't really like + I need a passenger side mirror. Thinking about trying these.
Thanks
Jack

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, passenger side was not as critical back in the sixties, but now? Whooboy! I gotta see on that side all the time even more than on my side!

I put big swing-aways on mine. Same as the #9 style for the full-size seventies trucks.
Probably similar to the BroncoII mirrors, but not sure they didn't have more than one style during the run? Or were they all the same?

When I first read the title I thought you were asking about some Ranger option EB special mirror. But you've already got it!
Heck, for the remote mirror you could probably trade someone any pair of mirrors you choose!

Good luck. Maybe post up some pics of the mirrors in question. I'm feeling lazy tonight and don't want to look...%)

Paul

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
There were two styles; one early that looks like a smaller version of the cheesy late '70s - early '80s aftermarket mirrors, and a later style that looks cleaner.

Attachments

• bronco II mirrors e.jpg
    bronco II mirrors e.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 28
  • bronco II mirrors.jpg
    bronco II mirrors.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Action

Action

Thanks.....was thinking the black ones on the right.
Jack

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, cleaner look I say. I do like the one on the left though. Great mirrors with a larger viewing size. That's the "type 9" swing-away I was referring to.

Paul

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I RUN Peterson Manufacturing no.820 Black Mirrors on my Bronco . Their big glass so plenty of glass to see behind .

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I like them. They have a slightly larger viewing area and they fold in almost flat for trail riding.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 131

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I do like those Ranger mirrors Slednut. Might still do them sometime, but I just drilled all the holes in my doors for the other style.
I do still like them because I can mount the 5" round super wide angle mirrors inside the hoop area for maximum viewing.

That last part was more for trails and tight parking originally, but with the way traffic has "densified" around here, I'm not so sure they won't come in real handy out on the streets.

IMG_2950 (Large).jpg

Especially this old set I have, which do not have the wide angle passenger side version like later ones did.

(let's try again...)
IMG_2950s.jpg

Paul

zerostar2410

Contributor
I like them. They have a slightly larger viewing area and they fold in almost flat for trail riding.

Are these a direct fit from the stock mirrors? Any modifications to door?

Where can I find these and do they come in chrome?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounding like a good excuse to head over to the junkyards that I haven't seen in a long time.
I'm sure there are plenty of Rangers in them around here still. As long as they have the right years.

But I bet you can buy them new from several sources. Local shops, online, etc.
I may even move into the new century and check out Amazon!

Paul

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I ran the Black for a while and I remember it never would stay in place...wasn’t tight enough to fight the wind when driving. Maybe there was a way to tighten it that I wasn’t aware of?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I ran the Black for a while and I remember it never would stay in place...wasn’t tight enough to fight the wind when driving. Maybe there was a way to tighten it that I wasn’t aware of?

There is a nut on the shaft, you need to take the mirror off of the door to tighten it.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Sounding like a good excuse to head over to the junkyards that I haven't seen in a long time.
I'm sure there are plenty of Rangers in them around here still. As long as they have the right years.

But I bet you can buy them new from several sources. Local shops, online, etc.
I may even move into the new century and check out Amazon!

Paul

eBay is where I got mine, OEM Ford, not expensive.

McLeod

I do like those Ranger mirrors Slednut. Might still do them sometime, but I just drilled all the holes in my doors for the other style.
I do still like them because I can mount the 5" round super wide angle mirrors inside the hoop area for maximum viewing.

That last part was more for trails and tight parking originally, but with the way traffic has "densified" around here, I'm not so sure they won't come in real handy out on the streets.

View attachment 464680

Especially this old set I have, which do not have the wide angle passenger side version like later ones did.

(let's try again...)
View attachment 464681

Paul

I actually prefer the look of your "cheesy" style mirrors....;D