• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trickflow or Edelbrock? 408 stroker

Tomcat2

I'm building a 351w stroker (408) with AFR 185 heads. I've narrowed it down to Trickflow or Edelbrock for the lower & upper. With the cost / availability of the lightning lower to go with the explorer / gt40 upper that I have already, it's pushed me towards aftermarket. I'm sure they both flow well.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So EFI then? If your doing aftermarket look at proflo3 from edelbrock. The proflo3 is comparable in price to the Holley Terminator setup, and includes an intake

Last edited:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
In my opinion, Edelbrock is the better choice. I run an Edelbrock on my '87 Mustang and I love it. Not a big Trick Flow intake fan, but I love their heads and cams.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm building a 351w stroker (408) with AFR 185 heads. I've narrowed it down to Trickflow or Edelbrock for the lower & upper. With the cost / availability of the lightning lower to go with the explorer / gt40 upper that I have already, it's pushed me towards aftermarket. I'm sure they both flow well.

I have run the trick flow on my 392 sefi since 2006- chassis dyno when it was tuned was just under 300 hp at the wheels with 40" MTR's, C4 and Atlas-The cam is idle to 4800-Know that hurt my overall hp, but rig was originally built as a trail truck-did not want to wait till 2500-3500 for tq and hp. The trick flow set up at the time seemed to be more user friendly with that rpm range.......

Attachments

• New_Motor.jpg
    New_Motor.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 44

gambling209

I bet the r series tf is a racier part. the ed unit would probably be more 4x4 friendly. both manufactures make good stuff. both say not available, by the way.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bet the r series tf is a racier part. the ed unit would probably be more 4x4 friendly. both manufactures make good stuff. both say not available, by the way.

Yes sir- I have the NON "R" upper and lower- does its work at lower rpms........
Wow-did not know they were not available!!!!