• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Behemoth Drivetrain - Strong Box Underdrive

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
91 Blaze,
That is a shot in the dark.
Tell us why.
I had to wait an extended period of time but I feel I got my money's worth.
The product seems solid and simple.

Word is, they are out of business with un-shipped orders.
Anyone have additional info?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
He does not have a very good reputation on Pirate for filling orders going back years, and has been banned as a vendor on FSB for unfilled orders after taking the money and no refunds.

The website is a blank page now.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It's been a couple months since I have talked with him. I ordered 2 Strongbox's from him and a friend ordered one as well. All were shipped out, but not in a timely manner as I have addressed in previous posts. As far as the product, I haven't had any issues with it.

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
This is a bummer. A guy has a decent idea, a decent product and just can't get all the ducks lined up in a row for success.
A bad reputation can dog a man for the rest of his life. Too bad.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
It looks like the only option at this point would be the NorthWest Fabworks Blackbox.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I haven't heard any names, maybe Jake "Inphovic" has. Last time I talked to Jake at Behemoth, he said he was going to have another company start making all the popular ones so he would have more time on R&D.

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Seems like that would jack up the cost. Every middle man gets a piece.
I thought. Behemoth was ramping up production and got a new cnc and all that.
Doesnt make sense to just bail out.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
That's the story I've heard many times too. Along with the material shortage, receiving a shipping notice and a month later a tracking number. He did honor everything he told me, but I did have to wait. It sounds like he was getting more work than he could handle and didn't know when and how to turn down the work. Hopefully letting someone else do some of the work pays off, but not he's not going to get anywhere not returning calls and shutting down.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It looks like the only option at this point would be the NorthWest Fabworks Blackbox.

Not a bad option in my book.....

They make great stuff, the workmanship is perfect on every part I have seen, and are real easy to work with.

mcdiaz

hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone has heard anything else about behemoth because he took my money and ran i have only received half which with out the other half is a paper weight and i have not been able to get ahold of him for a refund and its been over year since i ordered so neither the bank or paypal can do anything about it i just want my money back or the other half.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I haven't heard anything lately. I'm guessing he's not answering phone calls at all then... What about texts?

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
go over on pirate and look at the thread for him.....several people sounds like are filing against him for the same thing

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Maybe he hooked up with Saddleup (Rick) to start a Bronco parts shop ;D

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I get that it was an issue to get up and running, but he sounded like. Legit dude. He was buying cnc machine and all. He must have really fallen on hard times. At least answer calls ans say "I am broke. I can't refund your money. I may or may not build the parts for you."
Just man up. I would rather have someone tell me to screw off than just ignore me.

1cambo

Well, I have placed an order (July 4/2015) and up and until that time Jacob was quick to respond to all questions and queries . I RARELY get responses now and feel I am being strung along. I really want the order to be filled but I have filed a Paypal claim to cover my butt!
When I placed the order he told me shafts would be back from heat treat in 2 weeks......then more than a month after he tells me he has the shafts back????
I agree with the others who are frustrated with the treatment and understand he may well be overwhelmed but he is deciding to dodge questions etc! I sent texts today that do not seem to be getting recieved, wonder if his phone is cut off???

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
hate to see junk like this. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear from him

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just got an email from him...

I had emailed asking who he sold out to some time back.

His response tonight:

"Hi. going through some old emails. Sorry I missed this one.

We are back making strong boxes. We didn't sell out after all. We are using a facility in NC to mass produce. We have some parts in stock.

We look forward to working with you on your project, and giving you 270% of your existing torque."

So....????