• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Daily Duff 2/27/16

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think I can speak for all the Duffs and say we are all speechless. Thank you Steve for so eloquently honoring the 50 years of Duff.

This community is very lucky to have you in it and we are proud to call you our friend and Bronco Brother.

From all of us at James Duff Inc.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
For those who have not tried Duff Long Arms on their steed....They are incredible...
Not all Long Arms are created equal (especially in Duff's case) but the advantage they take over the physics involved is fairly similar.
Duff's soft springs are really good at articulating without feeling wallowy...
I watched others ride up on these little articulation humps at the Jeep Ranch in Wildwood FL. I prepared to lurch up on them like all the Jeep's with their wimpy short little arms...But as I headed up on to them I almost drove right past them.
With the Duff Long Arms and Duff Coils there is no initial stiffness to the compression of the suspension. When you lift your eb with stock arms the arm obviously becomes more pointed down. It is as if it takes a little extra effort to initially compress the suspension. With the longer arms their design allows a very flat static profile, that allows for much easier initial compression.

I so casually and easily pulled into these hooptydoos that it caught the eye of a few of the Jeepers. Some had actually heard of Duff's. I was pretty proud...

Alot of folks probably think their off roading adventures are not hard core enough to run Duff Long Arms...And you might be right but you'll never regret doing it even for just the comfort they provide on just a typical fire road or two track.
If you never go off road and can't quite feel what I'm raving about see below,...

Yesterday I drove the eb to work ...One of my employees was parked in front of my regular parking spot. At a fairly good parking lot pace I just "drove" over the curbs and pulled right into my spot. Notice I said "drove" not bounced or hopped over the curb. It never felt out of control and I never slowed down. I pulled this kind of nutty parking lot antics for decades at my office. But always had to carefully bounce over the curbs with my stock arms.

Disclaimer:
I'm sure Duff's does not condone curb hopping in parking lots, but everyone has accidently (or not) hit or hopped over a curb. This example may help some of them understand the incredible difference Duff Long Arms make in the geometry of the eb suspension.

Cheers

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 420887589.jpg
    420887589.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 48