• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What to do with recent purchase

BigB

Hi all,

I recently picked up another 69 Bronco which is in really good shape with minimal rust and pretty straight. But needs total rebuild.

It was originally a 6 banger. It comes with a rebuilt 302w zero miles a brand new hood, though hood that is on only needs minor work. Has all brand new glass and rubbers in a box. 3 speed manual.

Also has a PTO winch. Fenders have been cut.

My dilemma is what to do with it. I picked it up at a great price for this area.

1:Not sure whether to flip it and make some quick cash as is. I'm not in need of the cash it would be more along the lines of after effort and extra money spent would it have been worth more to do more etc.

2:Get it running and driving with minimal work required to make some more.

3:Go all out and do it properly and hope to make some good coin.

4: Tidy it up and put my 357w roller motor and everything else on my truck which is rusty as hell and then sell what's left over and maybe walk away, even on what I paid. At the moment I only use my Bronco for wheeling.

Obviously option 3 will take the longest and it will be put in storage for a couple of years before I get to it as I am finishing up a 70 Torino Cobra and then onto a 70 Torino Coyote project.

So let me know your ideas and thoughts to steer me in the right direction!

Thanks.

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Flip it. Make a few bucks,pass it on to someone lookin to build or make a DD as is.

But I would probably keep it.;D

67RT

Bronco Guru
If you dont need money now and you love Broncos keep it and lose the old one. If you need cash get it safe and running well and sell it.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would keep the old one for trail/off-road use and save the new one for a more street friendly build down the road.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I'd ice it for a while. Set it aside and kick around the possibilities rather than rushing into something.

OP
OP
B

BigB

Thanks for the responses.

I will probably keep it a while and work on it from time to time just to get it running and roadworthy.

It certainly garnered some interest as I had a bunch of pms asking for details and what I want for it.

From reading on here prices have gone up and supposedly trucks are selling fast yet I look in the for sale section and there are quite a few $20k'ish trucks not selling and you couldn't have built them for the price.

What's with that?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If you dont need money now and you love Broncos keep it and lose the old one. If you need cash get it safe and running well and sell it.

Agreed...

Remember though. You can never own too many broncos.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for the responses.

I will probably keep it a while and work on it from time to time just to get it running and roadworthy

Smart move. Prices are only going up