• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lost my Bronco buddy yesterday

OP
OP
Crush

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Thnaks for all the kind words yall. We have two more females like him but not as big or laidback. He walked around like eeore from winie the pooh all the time and they are a bit more rambunctious. Plus we have two other dogs. One is vety young and definately the baby of the bunch but she thinks she rules the house and we have another old girl. Part austrailian shepherd shes about 12 and prolly wont be long for her. Which we have been expecting but Wilbur was unexpected. He just took a turn and we couldnt help him quick enough. Took him to the vet. Spent about 2k and found congestive heart failure. We gave him a bunch of medicine which helped and we thought he was gettin better. But then my came home one night and found him collapsed. Still alive but having trouble. She nursed him back to where he was in th first pic i posted but then night before last she left him for 20 min to go get him some special food and when she came back he was gone. We think he finally just gave up and waited for her to leave so he could go. Such a big heart Nd shoukd have been allowed to live forever
Thanks again everyone. This brotherhood is just that a "BROTHERHOOD"
Chuck

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your best friends and went through this 2 years ago and I just adopted another best friend. I have been through this many times and it gets harder to restart each time. I wish the best for you all.

egrier

I am so sorry to here about that. Losing a pet is a hard pill to swallow.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear that, they really become part of the family, bring a lot of joy, and become good therapists to us...and are dearly missed.

Very true. I was thinking the exact same thing.
My condolences.

Aliracer

Loc.
Iowa
Sorry for the loss. Sounds like you have a lot of great memories with him.

He looks great sitting in that Bronco! Good company and great guard dog to protect that ride!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
sorry to hear ! ...
when my high breed (malamute / gray wolf ) passed way everyone told me to get a puppy asap ... I didn't wana hear about it and it took me almost 7 years to get another dog.
Don't be like me ..... give another one a chance asap ...he or she might turn out just as good as Wilbur's ..maybe in some ways better !

Franko

Attachments

• 14517670_1311251478886708_8925286407879028347_n.jpg
    14517670_1311251478886708_8925286407879028347_n.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 14479703_10154534914512389_4869713191697671597_n.jpg
    14479703_10154534914512389_4869713191697671597_n.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 18
  • FSCN8761.JPG
    FSCN8761.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'm Sorry for your loss, Chuck. I hope you can find comfort thinking about the time you got to spend together.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've carried this quote for almost 40 years when I lost my first Bronco (with hooves) to an aortic aneurysm. No matter how much time we think we have, the loss is never easy - but our fur babies add so much to our lives, and take a piece of our hearts when they have to leave. I hope it brings some comfort...

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."
Irving Townsend.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Crush, Very sorry to hear about you losing your pal. It is a tough pill to swallow and it takes some time to ease the pain. Lost mine two years ago and still think of him often. They truly are a gift from God and have comfort in knowing you took good care of him. Sounds like he had a good life. Ken

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes it is a brotherhood. The dogs like the broncos are a part of Who We are

Just think of the good times.

Thnaks for all the kind words yall. We have two more females like him but not as big or laidback. He walked around like eeore from winie the pooh all the time and they are a bit more rambunctious. Plus we have two other dogs. One is vety young and definately the baby of the bunch but she thinks she rules the house and we have another old girl. Part austrailian shepherd shes about 12 and prolly wont be long for her. Which we have been expecting but Wilbur was unexpected. He just took a turn and we couldnt help him quick enough. Took him to the vet. Spent about 2k and found congestive heart failure. We gave him a bunch of medicine which helped and we thought he was gettin better. But then my came home one night and found him collapsed. Still alive but having trouble. She nursed him back to where he was in th first pic i posted but then night before last she left him for 20 min to go get him some special food and when she came back he was gone. We think he finally just gave up and waited for her to leave so he could go. Such a big heart Nd shoukd have been allowed to live forever
Thanks again everyone. This brotherhood is just that a "BROTHERHOOD"
Chuck