• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grant steering wheel Billet Installation Kit

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Any of you guys with Grant Steering wheels use the Billet Installation Kit?

Attachments

• Grant Billet Installation Kit.jpg
    Grant Billet Installation Kit.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Could not find any reviews and was just curious if it fit properly and had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I like the Grant wheels. Good bang for the buck in my opinion and I like the size, feel, and look of their wooden wheel. It works well on a close ratio power steering truck.
The billet adapter is nice, but the dished part is not cut billet aluminum just so you know, but I think it still looks good. They may be popping them out in black too which may be a bit cleaner looking with a black column, but either option looks bit classier than the rubber boot adapter.
Personally, I like the billet Ford oval button too if you can spend another $60 or so. Sometimes you need a small shim (or a quarter) in between the billet button and stock button, if the push feel isn't bang on or horn doesn't work perfectly.
Only downsize is the Grant self cancelling pins can still break the factory turn signal switch cancelling arms, but if you drive an EB with any bit of regularity, you should get used to turning off those blinkers anyway. %) ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
bbow

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Thanks for the reply. Mine is a '76 quick ratio box. Currently has a 13.5 grant (way to small). I bought a Grant 1770 which is a 15" wheel. Thought the black billet would set if off nicely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The black billet adapter fit nice on my 77.

Attachments

• 2014-04-05 16.15.40.jpg
    2014-04-05 16.15.40.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 2014-04-05 16.15.57.jpg
    2014-04-05 16.15.57.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 84