• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rolling Chassis - what's it worth?

NCBeachBronco

I know where a stock rolling chassis is with V8 (not sure which one-prolly doesn't matter. It's sitting uncovered so most likely is a milkshake anyway), 3 speed, Dana 20 tc, Dana 30 front and 9" small bearing rear. No title.
He was asking $1000, but now says make an offer. Any idea on ballpark value?

71Broncitis

With no title, that's more than I'd pay.

Frame: $300-500 if solid

D30: nearly worthless

V8 with unknown history: $250-350 if not seized.

3 speed: nearly worthless

D20: $150

9" SB: $300

$750 would be my top offer, and only if I needed most of those items.

$350-450 if you plan to part it out and sell the parts individually.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NCBeachBronco

NCBeachBronco

Perfect response!
That's what I needed to know
Thanks!

A guy that works with the owner said to offer $500 and I'd most likely get it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The no title frame is the scary thing. Build a project on that and try to get a title only to come back with the prior owner wanting it back, you just built him a great project and you are out everything.

The 30 is not worth it. Nobody wants the small bearing 9" That's not where to start a project. The one reason anyone has one is because it came that way. Muck like a dana 30 or a stock 3-speed. Of the stock options, it is the least desirable.

The engine if not stuck is a $100 core. Does it have the early bronco oil pan? That might be worth $50.

So you are looking at an oil pan and a Dana 20 transfer case. $200 tops.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Might be worth more as a body holder while doing a frame off on your project Bronco.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Might be worth more as a body holder while doing a frame off on your project Bronco.

/\/\ Turn it into a rotisserie, no sense using a titled frame that could be put on the road for one.

The only other use would be patch pieces for a bent or rusted away frame that was titled.

Around here people try to give away the D30 and 3 speeds and often end up scrapping them

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Jeep guys will buy the dana 30 sometimes. That is who I sold my last one to. I have more 3 speeds than I care to admit. I am a $200 guy if the frame is decent. If it is exceptional maybe more but I doubt it if it has been sitting. In NH I can have a frame VIN checked before I go down the "build road".

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Run the VIN before you buy, if it is stolen you don't want anything to do with it.

71Broncitis

I've sold a bunch of SB 9"s to Jeep, Ranger and street rod guys. Not everyone cares about BB as much as Bronco wheelers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk