• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Road Trip to New Orleans and Shop Recommendation

ECEB

Hey Guys,

So my 73 got us down to New Orleans from Hartford, CT!

Most everything is still going but we swapped to a 4 turn steering box before I left and it is super sensitive and giving me white knuckles.

Does anyone have ant shop recommendations for down here for someone that could make some adjustments?

Tony

ransil

Bronco Guru
adjustment to made it less sensitive ?
4 turn is 4 turn.
parts could be worn causing wandering issues ( tie rods, ball joints, loose box, track bar bushings)
my brocko eats trac bar bushings
geometry could be out of whack 9 drag link & trac bar need to be parallel.

OP
OP
ECEB

ECEB

Thank you guys. Maybe it's geometry. I am still learning. It looks like Baton Rouge is about 1.5 hours out. If there is a place on the west bank that would be much closer...

OP
OP
ECEB

ECEB

I am here already! My 73 has made it halfway thus far and I'd like to make to the next leg of the trip a more comfortable drive...

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Just go to Black Cat on Frenchman, listed to the blues, do a few shots and start home ! Won't notice any problems !

taylorsimoneaux

Loc.
Down South
Hey ECEB,

Taylor here. I live in New Orleans. Shop you are looking for is Fastint. It is a multi faceted shop. The owner builds a few Bronco's slowly and flips them. I believe he will do service work on them and would probably be happy to help. You want to speak to Russell if my memory serves me right.

Fell free to call me at (337) 578-3313 if you need some local info or more help.

Fastint
1432 Manhattan Blvd, Harvey, LA 70058
(504) 263-1112

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Taylor I wrote your number down also.
I'm supposed to be in New Orleans about 9-15-17.
Never know when I might need someone to bail me out of Jail.
Pa Pitt.