• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MO 1971 with 351w

jerkules

Loc.
Chesterfield, MO
I've been trying to coordinate with the owner to look at this '71 but I'm getting the runaround. We were supposed to meet this weekend but he said he had a sick kid and backed out, but when I followed up and he said I can look at it when it's out of the shop.

Still 3sp manual on the column, no power steering or brake upgrades. Owner said small hole in floor pan in addition to the passenger rockers being rusted out.

Does anyone know anything about this one?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-ford-bronco/6448257475.html

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm always wary of CL ads with email as the only contact info...or do you have their number now? And why is it in the shop? Rusted out rocker could be the tip of the iceberg, I'd ask for more pics (no pics of passenger side hmm)

OP
OP
J

jerkules

Loc.
Chesterfield, MO
Yes, the far away pictures are usually pretty telling too. I'm not sure there's ever been a car where only the passenger side rocker is rusted out unless it was specifically damaged. I've asked for pics but haven't received any.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Too much at 25k to repair the rust seen and unseen. If rockers are gone, 99.9% chance of much more rust. That along with a 3 spd column and no upgrades, keep looking.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
AWS (Steve) is out in the St. Louis area.....

I'd avoid it too myself and keep looking

OP
OP
J

jerkules

Loc.
Chesterfield, MO
Thanks everyone. Definitely wasn't going to hand over the asking price, but I'm trying to build up a base for comparison so I make sure I find the right one. As you all know, the pickins are pretty slim. I appreciate all the advice.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
yeah, it's a seller's market these days.. Take your time, right one will come along