• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sowega 2017 has been canceled do to flooding and tornado

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Damnit....my front end is screwed so won't have 4 wheel drive.....maybe I can fix it before then..If its still happening is it the first weekend of Feb?????

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd prefer the 3rd weekend in February, but willing to go with the flow.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The weekends of the 3rd and 4th or the weekends of the 24th and 25th are the only times I can go in February. I'll be out of town the other two weekends. I sure hope we can come up with a plan that works for everyone so we have a good turnout.

kat

Loc.
Bristol
The later the better for me...don't want to go if I only have a 2 wheel drive..=(

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Dang - I don't think mine will be ready for a few months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 66

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Dang - I don't think mine will be ready for a few months.
Me too
f89f3120cf6dbb53dab224eff1780501.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

no way ... flat towing it ? you ok ?
you took the rear driveshaft out ?
whats all messed up / what do you need to fix it ?

Attachments

• f89f3120cf6dbb53dab224eff1780501.jpg
    f89f3120cf6dbb53dab224eff1780501.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 39

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I did this in September. Everyone is okay. Was flat towing and lost control on the highway. Frame is good so just need to do a lot of body work and replace cage. Been so busy though, I haven't had time to do much but strip it down and prep. Planning to knock most of it out in February.

Best part was I flipped it back over and kept going. Had a buddy who needed rescuing in Umatilla. Ran just fine.

My goal is to have it ready for Windrock in May.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Glad no one was hurt! Did it start wagging its tail and get out of control? Never heard of that happening flat towing. I had a horrible experience with a dolly one time, and I will never use one again!

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Glad no one was hurt! Did it start wagging its tail and get out of control? Never heard of that happening flat towing. I had a horrible experience with a dolly one time, and I will never use one again!
Yep. Wagged and rolled.

Was a combination of a few things that created the perfect storm.

Rock crawler suspension.
Slop in adjustable hitch.
Curve in highway.

Hit clutch to shift coming out of curve which shifted CG forward and outboard and initiated wobble.

I flat towed it to URE in Nov without issue but limited the suspension with ratchet straps and cured the adjustable hitch slop with bolts instead of pins.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well crap Chuzie, That really sucks but I'm glad you guys are OK. At least the Bronco can be fixed. ;)

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Has there been a date set yet? I have something going on the first weekend (Feb 2 and 3). My bronco is drivable and I'm pretty sure i don't have any plans for the rest of the month