• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Harness 60 pin extender to relocate

Labbster

Hello all,

Tried to search the forums and came up empty. Is there anyone making an EFI wiring extender so I can relocate my computer to keep if further away from the firewall? Right now mine is sitting on top of the heater and want to at least move it into the glove box. Thank you!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Contact member on here EFI Guy. I'm sure he can help.

pcaras

I'm interested in an extender also. I am running the BC Air conditioning and have the Wild Horses EFI harness (Ron Francis). The harness forces you to put the computer on the passenger side, but there is no room with the evaporator and ducting.

Anyone have a lead on an extender?

pcaras

what did you use as your search in eBay? Did you ever try EFI Guy?

pcaras

Ouch! There is a guy on some chat board that I found said there is also one that is a ford rotunda tool set, part number 007-00081. I haven't been able to find one, and not sure if it works. I need to research further.

pcaras

Yep... there were about 4 of them on eBay. I ordered one. Now I can put my computer above the gas pedal with my BC mount.

pcaras

Has anyone used one of these Rotunda 007-00081? First of all, it comes with two 24" wire assemblies. They are different in that each wire has different missing/active pins.

The wire with the least missing pins appears to have Pin 41 and 42 not active. If I compare it to the connector on my Wild Horses (Ron Francis) EFI harness, one of those pins is being used. Can I just add a wire and pin in that missing port??

pcaras

Whoever is thinking about using one of these Rotunda devices to extend your harness, don't bother. Adding the missing pins isn't practical. One end has a circuit board on the connector that in-turn feeds the pins. You either have to get the $200 extender on eBay or build one yourself.