• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 U15 Sport Build

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got ahold of a gentleman in GA that had purchased a 69 bronco from an Estate Sale. 40,000 Original Miles! He had a perfect Bronco with NO rust what so ever, but hated the baby blue color. He then started a restoration, had the Bronco stripped of paint and prepped and primed. He also had the Frame Coated and painted black, a new Toms Bronco 3 1/2" suspension installed and completed the Rolling chassis.

Time settled in and his little girl was soon to be off to school. Big bills to pay. Bronco restoration stopped. Then the Bronco sat in a barn for almost 5 years. A little dust had obviously collected but still minor rust if any. In the process of restoration new parts ordered added up to over $5500.00 in invoices.

Making a long story shorter, I hauled ass up to just north of Athens, GA yesterday and struck a sweet deal on a Bronco that is 90% ready for paint (color of my choice) and dragged it back to my shop this afternoon.

I have decided on an original build, keeping the Uncut Fenders and adding a few extras to bring it up to speed.

Power Steering - Parts Included
77 Automatic Steering Column - in my shop
Power Brakes - Some Parts Included
3 1/2" Lift - Included and Installed
77 Bronco C4 Automatic With Transfer Case and Twin Sticks - In My Shop
77 Bronco 302 Engine with Aluminum Heads, Com Cam, Headers and FiTech EFI
Gobi Body Color with Argent Grill Center and Trim
Parchment Dash and Sport Door Panels
Parchment Front and Bench Seats
Gonna Keep the Bulk-Head with Back Seat
Toms Chrome Bumpers - Included
New Chassis Harness - Included
Complete Stainless Hardware Kit - Included

Here are some pics. Included also is the layer of Dust on the fenders and doors. These were layered in the back of the truck separated by cardboard for the trip back home.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Primer 1.jpg
    69 Bronco - Primer 1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 69 Bronco - Primer 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Primer 2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 69 Bronco - Primer 3.jpg
    69 Bronco - Primer 3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 69 Bronco - Primer 4.jpg
    69 Bronco - Primer 4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know. It's one of my favorite colors. Now it's time. Great start already and all I did was get it here.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sweet man. Congrats. Won't ask how much your stole it for. Haha

Glad it went to a good home

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jaxlax - That's the one. Super nice guy. 302 Engine and many other parts not needed, so price was negotiated. Less than starting bid.

Cleanest Original Bronco body I have ever had to start with. Will need minor work to get ready for paint. It's a complete Bronco (all parts Included), just disassembled, prepped, primed and ready for paint.

I have the garage space. Problem is, I could fit more......

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is an early 1969 built November 1968.

It has the Larger Grill Turn Signals and the Lower Fender Reflectors. But, it also has the earlier Vacuum Wipers still.

I guess Ford had to install the left over parts.???

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats, looks like you hit the jackpot. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Jaxlax - That's the one. Super nice guy. 302 Engine and many other parts not needed, so price was negotiated. Less than starting bid.

Cleanest Original Bronco body I have ever had to start with. Will need minor work to get ready for paint. It's a complete Bronco (all parts Included), just disassembled, prepped, primed and ready for paint.

I have the garage space. Problem is, I could fit more......

LOL, sounds like a great problem to have :D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SWEET SCORE!! congrats on the new addition!

chuckyb

Contributor
Congratulations! Great to see another Pebble Beige one coming back to life!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, it was originally a Baby Blue, but Im not gonna paint it original.

chuckyb

Contributor
Understood - I think it's a great color but I am obviously biased!
Looking forward to seeing your project proceed.
Well, it was originally a Baby Blue, but Im not gonna paint it original.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I went fishing through all the boxes of parts that came with this Bronco and I got a lot of the Original Parts prepped and painted.

Cross Member and Mounts, Pedal Box With Large Power Brake Pedal swapped in, (Guess I'm Going with an Automatic) Gas Pedal, Throttle linkage, E-Brake Assembly. Most were in great shape with minimal Rust if any.

Next is mocking up the Hydro Boost and checking for clearance. I also need to mock up the electric wipers since this early 69 was Vacuum operated.

I'm going to get the Bronco in the paint shop in September to paint all body panels, finish the doors and install the windshield.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am excited about this one. It's so far along already, it may be the quickest restoration I have done yet.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since this Bronco had been completely stripped of paint and emblems I really had no idea what the original truck looked like other than "Baby Blue" paint as the PO referred to.

I got the Marti report today and come to find out this Bronco also had the "Sport Bronco option". So, does this mean it originally had an Argent Gray Grill Center with Aluminum trim?

I have all the window and upper Door trim included, so I assumed it may be a Sport.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes. The '69 Sport would have had argent on the grill louvers with the bright trim, grill letters, "FORD", and chrome headlight doors.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice score for sure! I would love to find another to wrench on but still gotta finish this one! ;D Looking forward to the build!