• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost bracket

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
I’m on to the brakes. I have the vacuum booster but not installed. I picked up the Astro hydroboost from pickand pull. I need to have hoses made anyways. So I figured I’d just put in the hydroboost now instead of later. This bracket looks like a clean setup. No drilling holes required? Moves the brakes out of the way of changing spark plugs. Any thoughts would be appreciated before I take the plunge.
Thanks
Karl

Attachments

• 7ADD224D-6174-4807-8E25-B90B3F320340.jpg
    7ADD224D-6174-4807-8E25-B90B3F320340.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 273

suckerpunched

I bought the angled bracket from probably the same seller. Shortly after I bought mine he started selling this one. Mine worked great, but I think I would have liked the looks of this one better.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have had a couple of these installed with great results. Great quality, direct bolt on and no modifications. Excellent clearance for wider 351w and Coyote.

Easy access to Plugs, steering shaft, brake lines, Headers.

The is an Astro Van version and a Mustang version. Both can be found on eBay.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I bought the angled bracket from probably the same seller. Shortly after I bought mine he started selling this one. Mine worked great, but I think I would have liked the looks of this one better.

Understood.
Agreed.

This one is on my list.

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's the bracket I use. There's a lip on the firewall towards the driver side that needs to be removed for the
bracket to sit flat. Other than that it's a direct bolt-on.

Attachments

• 20180417_103009.jpg
    20180417_103009.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 178

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
You may want to consider making your own high pressure hoses with the PSC hose kits. They are easy to make and they are field serviceable. You just need a couple open end wrenches, vice, some power steering fluid and an angle grinder with a cut off disk to make them. You can also angle the ends the way you want them or change them.
If you have hoses made its a one way fitting that cant be changed after.

pennyduke

Loc.
Stafford
Subscribed, I bought the same bracket off ebay for the Mustang hydroboost. I plan on doing the conversion this winter. There is a Youtube Video of one installed.

OP
OP
onpier55

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
I heard from a local guy that it hits the hood with a stick hood. The video from fintech, he has a fiberglass hood. Anyone have a stock hood and use this?

OP
OP
onpier55

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
You may want to consider making your own high pressure hoses with the PSC hose kits. They are easy to make and they are field serviceable. You just need a couple open end wrenches, vice, some power steering fluid and an angle grinder with a cut off disk to make them. You can also angle the ends the way you want them or change them.
If you have hoses made its a one way fitting that cant be changed after.

Thanks. I will go the Psc route.
Karl

BigB

I installed a Mustang HB without any bracket and I have a 351w. Not sure if astro is the same but the mustang unit has an angled base that you can rotate and it pushed the hb unit away from the valve covers nicely.

VB67bronco

Loc.
Va Beach
I’m on to the brakes. I have the vacuum booster but not installed. I picked up the Astro hydroboost from pickand pull. I need to have hoses made anyways. So I figured I’d just put in the hydroboost now instead of later. This bracket looks like a clean setup. No drilling holes required? Moves the brakes out of the way of changing spark plugs. Any thoughts would be appreciated before I take the plunge.

Thanks

Karl

Why would you Chose the Hydroboost over the Vacuum boost? Is the Hydro boost better??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Hydroboost

VB67Bronco,

It uses the power steering pump to power the brakes and works much better than vacuum if you have tires larger than stock. Google hydroboost and you will understand why it is much better then vacuum assist brakes.

v/r,

SevenT

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
VB67Bronco,

It uses the power steering pump to power the brakes and works much better than vacuum if you have tires larger then stock. Google hydroboost and you will understand why it is much better then vacuum assist brakes.

v/r,

SevenT

/\/\That, plus hydroboost is more compact than vacuum boosters, space is small in a Bronco engine bay.

HB73

I heard from a local guy that it hits the hood with a stick hood. The video from fintech, he has a fiberglass hood. Anyone have a stock hood and use this?
Yes. Stock hood with mine. Doesn't hit.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

catfan

Contributor

I make that bracket and have never had any feedback about it hitting a stock hood.I have an old Bronco that I test fit them on, I have the passenger fender off so I can close the hood and see how much clearance I have. I don't test fit every one, about 1 in 10.

catfan

Contributor
That's the bracket I use. There's a lip on the firewall towards the driver side that needs to be removed for the
bracket to sit flat. Other than that it's a direct bolt-on.

That is correct, I need to put a note about that in case someone doesn't know

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice work on your pieces, catfan. I always wondered if you were on here!

Todd Z.