• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 pan with drain plug

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I'm a fan of big pans and drain plugs.
One thing to watch out for though, is a deep-pan dipstick tube WITH headers.
I've seen more than one combo that gave people fits when trying to snake the dipstick up around over and through the header tubes.

Paul

I found the LOKAR flexible tubes work great. I did have to trim about an inch off and reflange the 90 degree bend in it to get it of the way of my headers.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/images/11102.jpg

11102.jpg

OP
OP
A

ammowaster

When you unscrew the dipstick tube from the pan the fluid in the pan comes out. Putting in a drain plug is a cure for a problem that isn't there.

I guess that's one way to do it. Obviously lots of people want them as almost every high performance transmission or aftermarket pan has one.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I had to take my pan down with the dip stick tube still attached. I could not unscrew it from the pan. I was afraid I was going to damage it.

Yes it was a bitch to remove the pan with the dip stick still installed. Lol

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I had to take my pan down with the dip stick tube still attached. I could not unscrew it from the pan. I was afraid I was going to damage it.

Yes it was a bitch to remove the pan with the dip stick still installed. Lol

That's how mine was and it leaked so I couldn't tighten it down. I ended up cutting it out with saw zall and replacing it with the lokar

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
When you unscrew the dipstick tube from the pan the fluid in the pan comes out. Putting in a drain plug is a cure for a problem that isn't there.

X2^
I used the dipstick tub for years to drain the tranny pan. No use creating another opportunity for a leak.
And for those thinking they need to drain the converter, I drained the tranny pan and replaced the two quarts at every oil change. My tranny fluid was always in the pink.;)

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Keep in mind that all deep pans are not created equal.
When I was looking 7-8 years ago, B and M was the only one that dropped the filter down lower into the pan, all the other just used the stock filter setup.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Keep in mind that all deep pans are not created equal.
When I was looking 7-8 years ago, B and M was the only one that dropped the filter down lower into the pan, all the other just used the stock filter setup.

Does the B&M use an actual filter, or is it a screen like the factory pan uses?

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Does the B&M use an actual filter, or is it a screen like the factory pan uses?

It uses a mopar 727 filter. Seems to be common, same one B and M used in my C6 pan, same one MagHytech uses in my Dodge diesel pan as well.
KGrHqRngFHPFcBjU3BR5JbJN3pg60_57__49859.1419200297.JPG